X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twocky61
    replied
    Re: Anyone remember The Krankies?

Jimmy Krankie was such an annoying so & so; I just wished they killed his character off lol

Leave a comment:

• Falco
    replied

Yeah, the Krankies were part of Crackerjack in the Stu "Ooh, I could crush a grape" Francis days. Couple of years back, they were on the Children In Need video with Peter Kay and the Proclaimers (they were just in the 'audience of celebrities'), and David Tennant semi-famously, after recording his very first scene in Doctor Who, quipped "Right, that's it, the stand-in won't be needed....you can send Little Jimmie Krankie home..." - so they're fondly remembered.

It's Friday...it's 5 to 5...
    It's Crackerjack!!!!

Leave a comment:

• marilynd04
    replied

Used to love the Krankies - though the "little boy" used to make me feel uncomfortable - though a great act.

Leave a comment:

• lk_ie
    replied

Is their name "The Sickos" in German???

Leave a comment:

• Krazy
    replied

Hello. I feel a tad embarrassed to admit that I had a signed LP of The Krankies. Not my doing of course, but my parents. The Krankies where appearing in a local social club and my fabulous caring parents decided to get me this LP.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinthe80's
    replied

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    I didn't think they were funny really. I saw them in panto once. Earlier that day we were having dinner in a shop cafe and they came in. That was more exciting than seeing them in the pantomime.
    I saw them in a pantomime too and they weren't that good. I didn't really like them to be honest though.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

I didn't think they were funny really. I saw them in panto once. Earlier that day we were having dinner in a shop cafe and they came in. That was more exciting than seeing them in the pantomime.

Leave a comment:

• fatpizzaman
    replied

They've attracted a whole new generation of young fans thanks to some geezer on Youtube making a High School Musical video with their song "Fan-Dabi-Dozi" as the backing track. Love that song, it's as silly and cheesy and hell but it's fun!

Leave a comment:

• branny
    replied

yes unfortunately i remember them too. The adult dressed as schoolboy must have been very popular in the 70s. Besides the Krankies and Jimmy Clitheroe, I also remember Terry Scott did the same on the Curley Wurley ads.

Leave a comment:

• scotchmist
    replied

I remember the Krankies and no, they didn't make me laugh even if Janette was from my part of the world, although they did have their moments. I remember them corpsing on Crackerjack when one of their sketches went wrong...that was funny! I also remember in one edition of Crackerjack Janette actually appeared in...shock, horror....a dress and a wig!! She must have been ticked off by the producers/director cause she always kept her "costume" on after that!

Leave a comment:

• memoman
    replied

I thought that the krankies were utter rubbish.Not my cup of tea.But i suppose some people have to like them.Poor sods

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Funnily enough, I mentioned Crackerjack pencils at work the other day, and no-one had a clue what I was talking about

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
    "Crackerjack" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's my crackerjack pencil?

Does anyone know of anybody at all, anywhere in the country who actually had/has a crackerjack pencil?
    If so what does one look like?

It always showed them being handed out in white oblong boxes but you never saw the pencils - just the box

Leave a comment:

• mazzer
    replied

Unfortunately, yes, I remember the Krankies. Utter dross.

Leave a comment:

• tonstu04
    replied

I used to work in a pub in Scarborough in the late 80's/early 90's which was close to The Futurist Theatre where the summer shows were held and most of the artists would come in at night for a drink once the shows were over. The majority of them were really friendly but I remember Jeanette from The Krankies was very rude, refusing to sign an autograph or even talk to the locals, a lot of whom had paid to see their show earlier. This happened on more than one occasion, but I have to say Ian was a really nice guy, he would chat to people and have a laugh.

The Grumbleweeds were the best, they would sit with the families, buy them drinks and virtually do their whole act for free in the pub!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X