RIP Nicholas Donnely - Mr MacKenzie Grange Hilll actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Nicholas Donnely - Mr MacKenzie Grange Hilll actor

Nicholas who was famed for playing Mr MacKenzie sadly passed away it has been announced, he was 83 years of age

What a great character Craig MacKenzie was and in the process becoming one of Grange Hill's Top 5 longest serving Teachers ever - being in it from 1985 to 1993 abliet in series 16) he was not in that many an Episode. Still Nicholas will be "up there" now with his GH Friends - Anna Qayle and Michael Sheard (Mrs Monroe and Mr Bronson) and they will be able to talk over old times. Nicholas was also very famous in his role in the Police Programme of the 1960s "Dixon Of Dock Green" being his first major role

RIP Nicholas Donnely

We always called him Mr Nice Teacher. Even his voice seemed to smile as he spoke. RIP sir

Comment

I remember he was one of the first teachers to notice Matthew's home life was beginning to affect his schoolwork. When it was first shown there was a problem watching it for some people & Andy Crane had to explain the storyline for people who couldn't see it.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I remember he was one of the first teachers to notice Matthew's home life was beginning to affect his schoolwork. When it was first shown there was a problem watching it for some people & Andy Crane had to explain the storyline for people who couldn't see it.
        Indeed hear, hear Richard mate - Mr "Mac" as he was known was one of the very best Teachers along with Miss Booth (who could both Polarise their subjectas - Art and CDT) as brilliant.

Mr MacKenzie certainly deserved Deputy-Headship in my opinion as he was so wise and knew everything about how to manage Kids, like he did when Matthew was in Court for Arson in 1990 .... he knew what Matthew had done was very very wrong (but he also knew it was Mental Healtyh Issues0 on Matthew's part that would never drive him to anything like that otherwise

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          Indeed hear, hear Richard mate - Mr "Mac" as he was known was one of the very best Teachers along with Miss Booth (who could both Polarise their subjectas - Art and CDT) as brilliant.

Mr MacKenzie certainly deserved Deputy-Headship in my opinion as he was so wise and knew everything about how to manage Kids, like he did when Matthew was in Court for Arson in 1990 .... he knew what Matthew had done was very very wrong (but he also knew it was Mental Healtyh Issues0 on Matthew's part that would never drive him to anything like that otherwise

80sChav
          Thanks, I don't remember that storyline, I remember Matthew had money problems after parents split up & were nearly homeless.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X