• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonraker
    replied
    Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    Re: Paper games

Best paper games we played was Paper Airoplanes ... well cool it was too! See how far up the classroom you could make it fly or on the Teachers Desk you could get it too or in the bin was a total exclusive "bonus creadabilty point" with friends for the entire week!
    I love paper planes.
    I read once that a box was found containing the prototype for Concord. They were paper planes!

Leave a comment:

• catflap
    replied
    50gsm?! - that must be what Andrex use

Leave a comment:

• catflap
    replied
    Here's a paper game for you - take 16 sheets of A4 and weigh it. It will give you the gsm rating of the paper stock (because 16 sheets is the equivalent of 1 metre). Impress your friends when you sagely pronounce their stock is 80gsm or 100gsm.

Yes, I have worked for a printing company in the past, please don't judge me - working out the weight of client-supplied paper was about as exciting as it got.

Some days we would just take 8 sheets, weigh it, and double the weight to get the result - less accurate but we were risk-takers then and enjoyed the odd maverick moment.

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
    There was a playground trend that happened in the summer where we made sort of origami cubes that could be filled with water , usually thrown or slammed on some poor victims head
    I remember those too.....all good innocent fun!

Leave a comment:

• Semi42
    replied
    There was a playground trend that happened in the summer where we made sort of origami cubes that could be filled with water , usually thrown or slammed on some poor victims head

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    We used to make paper bangers. I think that the heavier grade arts/crafts paper used to be most effective. I can't remember the folds but essentially a very basic origami type of thing . Once folded you'd hold your banger in one hand and with a flick of the wrist bring it downwards, a pocket of air would unfold it causing a bang!
    Not a very big bang mind you, probably more of a pop.

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Loved it though I didn't know how to fold it lol

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

We did what you mentioned O.P yer - this was generalyv with Boys v Girls and v versa to tell friends if they fancied somebody - which was back then almost (on reflection) like a message in a bottle!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Hangman was popular too

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Indeed - I am sure we had other similar games too amethyst!!

Generally I did mix with the "tough guys" for such games lol yeah

80sChav
    Noughts and crosses wasnt to keen

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Especially if you sat at the back of the classroom

Consecuences xmark thats what I was describing too
    Indeed - I am sure we had other similar games too amethyst!!

Generally I did mix with the "tough guys" for such games lol yeah

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Best paper games we played was Paper Airoplanes ... well cool it was too! See how far up the classroom you could make it fly or on the Teachers Desk you could get it too or in the bin was a total exclusive "bonus creadabilty point" with friends for the entire week!
    Especially if you sat at the back of the classroom

Consecuences xmark thats what I was describing too

Leave a comment:

• xmark1234
    replied

best one we did was a truth and dare ya folded paper into like a puppet using thumb and first finger on each hand you asked to pick a number then you open the puppet forwards and side way the amount of numbers then ask to pick a colour
    spell out the colour by doin same opening forwards and sidewards then you ask pick a colour again
    we unfolded the puppets mouth and under neath was a truth or dare question
    I forgot what the thing called now but I still now and again make one for kids
    if any one knows what im on about did they do this ????

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Hah we all did that one didnt we.

Not quite what amethyst meant that game was not teacher friendly.hah

but i do remember playing those ones amethyst mentioned.
    I am unsure what amethyst meant too, Darren. I think that the Airoplanes was the best one easly though as too was any Orgami type games as well!!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Hah we all did that one didnt we.

Not quite what amethyst meant that game was not teacher friendly.hah

but i do remember playing those ones amethyst mentioned.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
    best paper games we played was paper airoplanes ... Well cool it was too! See how far up the classroom you could make it fly or on the teachers desk you could get it too or in the bin was a total exclusive "bonus creadabilty point" with friends for the entire week!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X