X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old git
    replied
    Re: School Trips

Went isle of white in primary school, but dont remember alot about it,think it was ryde.Also was lucky enough to go sking in switzerland at middle school.But the one i remember most was stout hall in wales,it was like a prison .The food was **** and they used to make you walk for miles everyday.Also had the chance at high school to go to Russia but i didnt fancy it.

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    Where i'd have a duffle bag with a packed lunch in
    Weird!! I had a flash back to sitting on the coach looking into that duffel bag the other day at work. It had been raining and the toilet roof here leaks so it smelled musty, the exact same smell of that duffel bag! I guess it didn't come out of the cupboard often. Smells often seem to do that to me, I'll often smell something that will take me back to a memory momentarily.

(Daz - apologies for whatever I wrote that required editing, what was it BTW so I know for future reference?)

Leave a comment:

• Chaeo
    replied

I think the place we all went to was in York - it was some weird (but interesting) 'ride' where you sat in this car and went back in time to - actually I don't know where. Maybe a couple of centuries. They also recreated the smells.

And that's all I remember hehe.

Leave a comment:

• Stockcarfan
    replied

The only one that I can remember is as a fourth year at junior school we went to Lathkildale in the Derbyshire peak district for a long walk. I really enjoyed it plenty of interesting things to see like a very deep dissused mineshaft and the scenery was great. Thanks Mr Corkwell.

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied

I've just remembered my best school trips, they were to the British Open golf in 1986 and 1987.

In 1986 we saw Ronnie Corbett in the trade tents and also saw lee Trevino coming off the course, we asked for his autograph and he said he'd be back in a minute to sign them, of course he didn't, typical of the arrogant so and so he is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

We went to (of all the places) Whitby ?!?!?!? It was nice, saw the Jorvik Viking Centre, walked the Yorkshire Moors, and train from Pickering to Goathland )(which is now used as Heartbeat's railway station), saw lots of Whitby - my first time away from home - it was in June 1985 in my last year at primary.
    As 10/11 year olds we were convinced we would see Dracula as a black dog...every black dog we saw we would scream Dracula!!!

Leave a comment:

• Grackle
    replied

The first school trip I went on was to High Beech, which is part of Epping Forest. That was at infant school, the other trip from that time was to the Natural History museum. We also went to the Hospital Chapel in Ilford (so we were able to walk there) - apparently it was a medieval monastery or something. At Junior school, there were daytrips to the Zoo, and Crystal Palace (where I saw the Concorde flying overhead). There was a trip organized to a theatre, but I didn't want to go - there'd been a series of IRA bombings in London, and I was really scared. But I didn't have to go in a different class, as my Mum let me stay home that day. I also went to a weekend camp at Mersea Island, on the Essex coast, and a weeklong trip to Ringsfield Hall in Suffolk. We stayed in a big house, and had all kinds of activities, and trips to places like Lowestoft. At senior school, we went to the Commonwealth Institute - highlight of that trip was one of the boys playing in a "sandpit" in the park, and then finding out it was actually a dog-toilet . There was a trip to the theatre, I think it may have been Romeo & Juliet (and no it wasn't torture, I loved - and still do love - Shakespeare! Though the way it was taught, I can understand why most people hate it.) There was a trip to France, which I couldn't go on, my parents just couldn't afford it, so I missed the huge scandal of two of the girls being found in bed with local boys
    Most trips I enjoyed, it was a break from everyday school boredom. The one drawback is that I've always had really bad travel sickness, so for each trip there was the process of taking the travel tablets to school, having to remind the teacher I needed them, the note from my Mum asking that I be allowed to chew gum on the bus, as that seemed to help. On the camping trip, I threw up on the way there, as did several other kids, but the teachers were quite impressed that I did it very tidily into a plastic bag brought for that purpose... I'd had a lot of practice!

Leave a comment:

• Aidanagain
    replied

We were brought to Killarney every year - when you're cooped up in boarding school you don't care, believe me !
    One of the class set off a stink bomb in a stately house & the teacher threatened to bring us all back top school straight away if the culprit didn't own up ( he did ).
    Happiest days of your life my a**e !

Leave a comment:

• Burbs
    replied

Hi all

remember going mainly later in my Secondary school on one or two trips.....

All the in vogue places I'm sure you'll be jealous when I tell ya.........

Grimsby fish docks - under some premise that it was for geography I think - Can't really remember much about that except stopping off in Lincoln.

Science Museum in London - Great day - got to chat to loads of Dorises from other schools - Oh dear I don't think that was the point of the trip was it ?

Lathkill Dale - The best trip of all - Went drinking at Lunchtime in Bakewell - all stood at the loung bar - looked across into the Bar to see all the teachers - everybody scattered except one lad who looked the oldest and was ordering!
    Went down into the dale - the teachers were fab & relaxed and showed us they we're humans just like us - that was a shock I can tell ya.

See told ya you'd be jealous

Leave a comment:

• stevef
    replied

I remember going to London Zoo, the Natural History Museum, Margate, Windsor Safari Park.....I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that stand out. Always good fun!

Leave a comment:

• HG
    replied

I can't really remember too many school trips and non that were eventful, I remember going to Beamish Musuem, York and Hadrians Wall, thats about it.

Not a school trip, but i did go on a camping holiday to Oban with cubs, which unfortunately i had to cut short through homesickness

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Homesick In Germany!!
    I'd consider giving up my beloved Brighton to live there

Leave a comment:

• koukou
    replied

Went to the Isle of Wight for a week..... and we went to Alum Bay and did sand filled odd things for our mums, they must have been so pleased! There were 5 f us in room = bedlam!

Did a weeks exchange in Germany, developed acute home sickness and got very badly sunburnt.

Then there were the day trips: Da Vinci exhibition (which we took 2 minutes to go round and spent the rest of the day in London shopping), Alton Towers, Leverton Windmill (I bought my mum a bag of flour as a present!!) Connisborough Castle and my favourite, in uni, a bus tour of previous industrial areas in Sheffield....

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Coloured sand comes from Alum Bay

Leave a comment:

• stevef
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    We seemed to go every year with our Junior/Infant school to Colchester Zoo. Where i'd have a duffle bag with a packed lunch in and we had to wear a red/white striped bobble hat so we could be seen easily.
    Something like this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X