Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films have you been watching lately..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 18 Again comedy

    Comment


    • Yesterday I watched 'The Shining.'
      Tonight I will watch 'The Texas Chain-saw Massacre.'

      Comment


      • GOLDFINGER......Nuff said!
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

        Comment


        • Goats
          October's Gale
          Walking in the Woods All on prime

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Richard1978
            Whistle Down The Wind.
            Superb! Haven't watched that one for a couple of years now.
            Not exactly kitchen sink but close. Sentimental but not saccharin. They don't make them like that anymore.... hard to imagine kids wearing snake belts and black wellies these days

            Comment


            • “That’s not Jesus, it’s just a fellah”

              for me , that line is up there with
              we’re gonna need a bigger boat, you talkin to me, go ahead make my day etc..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
                “That’s not Jesus, it’s just a fellah”

                for me , that line is up there with
                we’re gonna need a bigger boat, you talkin to me, go ahead make my day etc..
                I'd never thought about it like that before..... but yes, you're right

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Richard1978

                  Or indeed thinking strange men turning up in their barn is Jesus.
                  Quite so...I suppose these days it's more of a concern about strange people turning up online!

                  Comment


                  • The Enforcer

                    Comment


                    • Jaws
                      Quint has to one of my favourite characters as far as films are concerned.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
                        Jaws
                        Quint has to one of my favourite characters as far as films are concerned.
                        I second that, excellent character portrayal by Robert shaw.....likewise Brody and Hooper.
                        Did you know Robert shaw was born in Bolton Lancashire...just up the road from my house, there is a pub called "The Robert shaw"..........Sweet!
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                        Comment


                        • A little known film called "painted boats"...made in the 40s this B&W film is a gentle story of the lives of two families living and working on the canals of britain. Surprisingly enjoyable little film here.
                          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tex View Post
                            A little known film called "painted boats"...made in the 40s this B&W film is a gentle story of the lives of two families living and working on the canals of britain. Surprisingly enjoyable little film here.
                            I do like to watch b&w films on tptv

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tex View Post

                              I second that, excellent character portrayal by Robert shaw.....likewise Brody and Hooper.
                              Did you know Robert shaw was born in Bolton Lancashire...just up the road from my house, there is a pub called "The Robert shaw"..........Sweet!
                              Superb! No, I didn't know that. I suppose the locals enjoy singing a few verses of show me the way to go home before closing time

                              Not forgetting of course Robert Shaw's terrific performance as Henry the Eighth in A Man For All Seasons. Once again a very much a larger than life performance if that makes sense?​​​​​​

                              Comment


                              • Saw Our Ladies last week at the Odeon in Liverpool (if their theatre is good enough, then their cinemas should be as well). It's mostly about a load of teenage girls played by relative unknowns in a Scottish convent school on a day trip to Edinburgh with lots of adult themes as you may have guessed - set in 1996 when ironically, the characters portrayed would have been the same age as myself back then.

                                Makes a change to have a UK based film instead of the American domination that are always in cinemas. A 15 certificate, so there's a bit of language in he dialogue.

                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X