Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films have you been watching lately..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Saw Our Ladies last week at the Odeon in Liverpool (if their theatre is good enough, then their cinemas should be as well). It's mostly about a load of teenage girls played by relative unknowns in a Scottish convent school on a day trip to Edinburgh with lots of adult themes as you may have guessed - set in 1996 when ironically, the characters portrayed would have been the same age as myself back then.

Makes a change to have a UK based film instead of the American domination that are always in cinemas. A 15 certificate, so there's a bit of language in he dialogue.

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by tex View Post

I second that, excellent character portrayal by Robert shaw.....likewise Brody and Hooper.
    Did you know Robert shaw was born in Bolton Lancashire...just up the road from my house, there is a pub called "The Robert shaw"..........Sweet!
    Superb! No, I didn't know that. I suppose the locals enjoy singing a few verses of show me the way to go home before closing time

Not forgetting of course Robert Shaw's terrific performance as Henry the Eighth in A Man For All Seasons. Once again a very much a larger than life performance if that makes sense?​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    A little known film called "painted boats"...made in the 40s this B&W film is a gentle story of the lives of two families living and working on the canals of britain. Surprisingly enjoyable little film here.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
    Jaws
    Quint has to one of my favourite characters as far as films are concerned.
    I second that, excellent character portrayal by Robert shaw.....likewise Brody and Hooper.
    Did you know Robert shaw was born in Bolton Lancashire...just up the road from my house, there is a pub called "The Robert shaw"..........Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Jaws
    Quint has to one of my favourite characters as far as films are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard1978

Or indeed thinking strange men turning up in their barn is Jesus.
    Quite so...I suppose these days it's more of a concern about strange people turning up online!

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
    “That’s not Jesus, it’s just a fellah”

for me , that line is up there with
    we’re gonna need a bigger boat, you talkin to me, go ahead make my day etc..
    I'd never thought about it like that before..... but yes, you're right

Leave a comment:

• Semi42
    replied
    “That’s not Jesus, it’s just a fellah”

for me , that line is up there with
    we’re gonna need a bigger boat, you talkin to me, go ahead make my day etc..

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard1978
    Whistle Down The Wind.
    Superb! Haven't watched that one for a couple of years now.
    Not exactly kitchen sink but close. Sentimental but not saccharin. They don't make them like that anymore.... hard to imagine kids wearing snake belts and black wellies these days

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    GOLDFINGER......Nuff said!

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker
    replied
    Yesterday I watched 'The Shining.'
    Tonight I will watch 'The Texas Chain-saw Massacre.'

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    The Loveless - 1981
    Willem Dafoe, well cool but very stylised, as are his gang.
    The sound track really carries the film along, not a particularly uplifting DVD but well worth a watch.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    "Kitchen sink" drama...A taste of honey, one of my favourite 60s films.

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    The Outlaw Josey Wales

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    Took a trip to the flix on saturday, well it's nice to get out.... A quiet place 2, good film and much better than the first one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X