X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: Photobucket third party hosting

Yes, it's great that our Photobucket pictures are showing again - I actually thought that we would never get to see them again, especially the fact that I used them for pictures on one of my web pages where they went AWOL before - and I didn't have the original disc anymore.

Just seen them on another website.

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    have they relented on this?
    My Photobucket pics are showing
    Opps sorry just found this, yes the appear to be back

Fantastic!!

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

have they relented on this?
    My Photobucket pics are showing

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Just download and use the free TapaTalk app .

Upload photos in one easy click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Here's an off-site hosting site:

https://postimages.org/

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I would like to add how annoying it is for me as well - I used Photobucket to store some pictures I had on a 2011 webpage that I had. Only recently, I saw what had happened for myself, and it was very annoying that the detail had gone. Mind you, the webspace provider that I use allows images to be stored on there, which is what I do, and they are there in tact. A lot better in the long run.

At first, I had looked at another internet forum (not one that I am a member of), and I actually wondered why so many members had exactly the same avatar. Of course, it was their different pictures from Photobucket that had expired, and so they shown the same thing on the same page.

A few months after I built my first website, I had used the now-defunct Fotango website for storing my images that I put on my website. It was alright until some idiot decided to put the website's URL at the bottom of every picture published, so that every time I put one of my pictures online stored by them, they got some free promotion as a result. I emailed them saying how annoying this was, and I got a response, and they were almost pretending that they didn't know what I was going on about. I stopped using them straight away, and resisted putting pictures on my website for a few years because of that.

I tried to see if I could get my Photobox pictures back on my website, but I suppose it doesn't seem worth it now. Annoying.
    Last edited by George 1978; 25-11-2017, 00:32.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

This sounds like commercial suicide to me...

Leave a comment:

• battyrat
    replied

They have virtually destroyed the internet on their own. So many forums have been hit hard. Some forums are now replacing Photobucket housed images with images stored on other third party providers. I had a Photobucket account but I now use Imgur instead. One forum is giving instructions to it's users on how to replace images on it's site. The members are slowly rebuilding it where possible.

I only hope that other third party image housing sites will not go the same way.

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Oh No!

I think they might have to back down soon.. Users are not happy

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    started a topic Photobucket third party hosting

Photobucket third party hosting

Hi Everyone,

Sadly Photobucket have decided members need to 'upgrade' to allow third party hosting :cry:

In short this means all our lovely photo's we have shared using photobucket are no longer showing.

We are very sorry about this but unfortunately it is out of our control.

Unless individual PB account holders are willing to upgrade for almost $400 a year all photo's will remain lost.
Working...
X