• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tex
    replied
    Re: Just painted this....

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Mmmmm all I know about him is that he’s regarded as one of the most famous ‘Aspergers’ people .. I know he was a genius and well ahead of his time .. didn’t he draw sketches of helicopters a few hundred years before they were invented?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The egyptians beat him to it....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Picasso was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome? If he had been around in the 18th century or had lived his entire life in the 19th century, I probably would have put him as a candidate for that, yes.
    I was referring to LDV .. I’ve never taken any interest in a Picasso

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Ahh you’ve seen Corbyn’s sketch pad ?
    Too much red on it.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Mmmmm all I know about him is that he’s regarded as one of the most famous ‘Aspergers’ people .. I know he was a genius and well ahead of his time .. didn’t he draw sketches of helicopters a few hundred years before they were invented?
    Picasso was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome? If he had been around in the 18th century or had lived his entire life in the 19th century, I probably would have put him as a candidate for that, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Picasso was the first artist that came to mind - how about Leonardo da Vinci, then?

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Aggghhh !!

I detest Picasso with a vengeance..
    I can kinda forgive Vincent Van Gogh and Monet as they both apparently had eye/ visual impairments so were painting what they saw ..
    Picasso was the first artist that came to mind - how about Leonardo da Vinci, then?

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Art of-course in any form is subjective, but i know what i like and it aint something that looks like someone threw up on a canvas and stuck a flag in it, nor is it some bloke with one arm missing and his dick out
    Ahh you’ve seen Corbyn’s sketch pad ?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Art of-course in any form is subjective, but i know what i like and it aint something that looks like someone threw up on a canvas and stuck a flag in it, nor is it some bloke with one arm missing and his dick out

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

I would certainly go and see Tex's paintings if they were on display at an art gallery, provided that I can travel there - I bet that even Picasso and all those other artists started from scratch and probably had the same situation that Tex had.
    Aggghhh !!

I detest Picasso with a vengeance..
    I can kinda forgive Vincent Van Gogh and Monet as they both apparently had eye/ visual impairments so were painting what they saw ..

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I would certainly go and see Tex's paintings if they were on display at an art gallery, provided that I can travel there - I bet that even Picasso and all those other artists started from scratch and probably had the same situation that Tex had.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Could i be accused of shamelessly fishing for compliments here?.....certainly!
    Again that’s really nice .. they’re somehow different than the norm but in a good way ... I think to the right person they’d get decent money ..

After all it’s the distinctive painters that find fame and fortune ..

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Have you ever thought of contacting a local art gallery? - I am sure they would be interested in your talents.
    Thanks George, i still feel i'm at the stage where i am developing the confidence to consider a commercial enterprise, i've only done a handful of paintings to date which are anything more than gaining experience and finding a style. Part of that confidence comes from the kind comments i have so far received from family, fiends and of-course the forum.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Have you ever thought of contacting a local art gallery? - I am sure they would be interested in your talents.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Could i be accused of shamelessly fishing for compliments here?.....certainly!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Your paintings are really , really good ..

They just appear kinda different to the other landscapes you normally see .. but in good way ...

Different styles can be very lucrative ..

I’d put them up for offer on Instagram ..

Thanks bud

Leave a comment:

Working...
X