• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: Black friday

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
    I meant if shoppers go out and purchase the item rather than having it delivered then you burn more calories.
    Certainly at this time of year you do.

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    To be fair, I do the odd Amazon and eBay shop as well as the Tesco online shop - I think that it depends on what you order as to whether it makes one obese or not.
    I meant if shoppers go out and purchase the item rather than having it delivered then you burn more calories.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

This sums Black Friday up tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
    Which can only mean more people will become obese.
    To be fair, I do the odd Amazon and eBay shop as well as the Tesco online shop - I think that it depends on what you order as to whether it makes one obese or not.

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied

All I did for Black Friday was redeem some 'reward points' to get one $50 gift card for the points that usually only got you a $25, and for a $25 with 2/3rds the points it would normally need. I had a nice surprise though, I ordered some books the day before and got a nice email from the seller saying he had been just about to launch a 70% off Black Friday sale and refunded me a large chunk!

I'm not obese though, for most of my life I have been concerningly underweight (then a couple stints living in the U.S. got me up a little more into normal range... high fructose corn syrup and brominated vegetable oil seems to be in a lot of their products. Some of the weight goes after awhile back in Canada).

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Online shopping is the future

Which can only mean more people will become obese.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Online chaos is the near future.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

The closest I had to a Black Friday shop was my online Tesco delivery arriving yesterday - ordered some stamps and despite the fact that the receipt said that they were included, they were not. Got a refund when I telephoned that 0800 number on the sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker
    replied

Bought a phone for my wife at £129 three weeks ago. I saw it advertised yesterday at a Black Friday price of £169.
    So much for Black Friday.
    Never purchased on that date and never will.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

It seems to be an American tradition that doesn't fit in well in Great Britain - notice how just a few years ago, police had to be called to Tesco stores around the country when the public got out of hand trying to the grab the latest HD TV set? - I know that it happened in Tex's patch of Manchester. It does remind me of that Ikea store which opened at midnight in Edmonton, north London, one of the most deprived areas of London, and the locals went so mad that the store had to be closed within ten minutes and police reinforcements had to be called.

I received nine emails in my inbox today and eight of them were from various stores mentioning Black Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tex
    started a topic Black friday

Black friday

So my wife and son just got in from a days christmas shopping in Manchester, seems i was right to forego the opportunity to get pushed and jostled around by a stampede of bargain hunting wilderbeest. The first thing they said on walking through the door was "never again"...now i know many people enjoy the whole christmas shopping thing but i just aint one of them, i'm happy to sit in my comfy armchair with a nice cup of coffee and browse Amazon for gift ideas, i also realise that me and people like me are the reason high street stores are on there knees, but i make no apologies for preserving my sanity and avoiding the backache and blisters brought about by dragging my weary body around town. Black friday offers are usually carried on for at least a week and are also found online.
Working...
X