Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kidney stones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kidney stones

    Cor blimey!.. ever had them? Reckoned to be one of the most painful of gods gifts to mankind kidney stones are small rocks of calcium which get lodged in the kidneys, they range in size but most are between 3-5 mm and they hurt like hell. I am currently "working one out" which has been measured via a CT scan at 4 mm . There is of course only one exit route and it aint pleasant!...I waited in A&E for 4 hours yesterday, what a nightmare, they sent me home with a prescription for naproxen and basically told me to wait for the little fella to make an appearance...Merry bloomin christmas!!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  • #2
    Re: Kidney stones

    My late father had them in around 1986 - he had to go to the QMC when he had problems with them, although thinking about it, it might have been gallstones instead.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Kidney stones

      Oh my God imagine waking up xmas morning having to go A & E waiting 4 hrs dread to think.Drink plenty of water to flush them out

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Kidney stones

        I've dealt with patients with kidney stones, I've seen grown men cry in agony with the pain. One patient told me afterwards that he now sympathisers with women in labour as he's never felt pain like it in his life, especially when he was passing it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Kidney stones

          Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
          I've dealt with patients with kidney stones, I've seen grown men cry in agony with the pain. One patient told me afterwards that he now sympathisers with women in labour as he's never felt pain like it in his life, especially when he was passing it.
          I can confirm that , i've had three of the little buggers
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Kidney stones

            I had a boyfriend that got them. I think it's worse for men.
            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Kidney stones

              Originally posted by tex View Post
              I can confirm that , i've had three of the little buggers
              Drink plenty of fluids, adding lemon to water is supposed to be good too as a way of preventing them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Kidney stones

                Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                Drink plenty of fluids, adding lemon to water is supposed to be good too as a way of preventing them.
                Thanks Nuggy
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Kidney stones

                  Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                  I had a boyfriend that got them. I think it's worse for men.
                  There are a lot of things in life that are worse for men - I think that we get our share of those things which happen to be different to women.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Kidney stones

                    Same thing happened to me a few years ago, Xmas Day in A&E! :-(
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Kidney stones

                      Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      Same thing happened to me a few years ago, Xmas Day in A&E! :-(
                      I work in A+E, the waiting times are dreadful, i feel so helpless at times.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Kidney stones

                        Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Thanks Nuggy
                        You're welcome! ☺

                        Admin would i be able to change my username to my real name, Danniella, please.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Kidney stones

                          Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                          I work in A+E, the waiting times are dreadful, i feel so helpless at times.
                          If you can't get doctors appointments at your surgery and it's an emergency what do you do turn up at A&E means longer waiting times

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Kidney stones

                            Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                            You're welcome! ☺

                            Admin would i be able to change my username to my real name, Danniella, please.
                            Hi Danniella, please pm remember , he will sort this for you.
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Kidney stones

                              Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              Same thing happened to me a few years ago, Xmas Day in A&E! :-(
                              I am sorry to hear that you had to spend Christmas Day in hospital - my family had a pre-Christmas birth a few years back, and thankfully the mother got home in time for Christmas, although the midwife had to visit on Christmas Day.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X