Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

The Covid name seems to be newer than the coronavirus name.
    A shortened version

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst View Post

A shortened version
      If only we could shorten the virus itself.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

If only we could shorten the virus itself.
        Get rid of it for good

Comment

Get rid of it for good
          Exactly.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
            My understanding is that the Pfizer vaccine is more artificial or synthetic than the Moderna one, so people who might not tolerate it (I have an allergy to latex rubber and wonder if I might be one) might be fine with the other(s). I do trust Pfizer, am on a medication they make for years now and have no complaints.

We watched the 20:00 news on France 2 tonight.
            One very interesting fact to emerge was that, to prevent serious illness after contracting the predominant Covid infection, the Pfizer vaccine is, by some margin, the least effective, with only a 78% efficacity,
            Astra-Zeneca is some 10% better, but the Moderna vaccine, at 96% effectiveness is apparently the pick of the bunch.
            This news must be somewhat embarrassing for President Macron, who was rubbishing the AZ vaccine not so long ago!
            I'm glad we had the AZ one!

Comment

• After a lengthy telephone conversation with a friend yesterday evening, I am going to bow to the inevitable and plan to get my first jab - I have emailed my local GP surgery to see if they can do it there, or whether they can tell me where the nearest vaccine jab site is. I am going to Liverpool over the August Bank Holiday weekend so I feel pressured into getting on with it at last.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

After a lengthy telephone conversation with a friend yesterday evening, I am going to bow to the inevitable and plan to get my first jab - I have emailed my local GP surgery to see if they can do it there, or whether they can tell me where the nearest vaccine jab site is. I am going to Liverpool over the August Bank Holiday weekend so I feel pressured into getting on with it at last.
                Good for you George

Comment

• Despite being double vaxxed both me and Mrs have caught Covid, fairly minor symptoms so far. Worst thing is I'm now confined to the house for nearly 2 weeks with 2 kids.
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

• Originally posted by HG View Post
                    Despite being double vaxxed both me and Mrs have caught Covid, fairly minor symptoms so far. Worst thing is I'm now confined to the house for nearly 2 weeks with 2 kids.
                    I am grateful for the feedback, HG - I am obviously interested in how others have reacted after having the vaccine. My friend had a very numb arm after having her first one a couple of months ago - I hope that it isn't a case of "out of the frying pan" when it comes to having the jab, but at the end of the day, being immune is better than getting it.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Despite being double vaxxed both me and Mrs have caught Covid, fairly minor symptoms so far. Worst thing is I'm now confined to the house for nearly 2 weeks with 2 kids.
                      How did you both catch it?

Comment

How did you both catch it?
                        Either from son's nursery or a shopping trip she did. She got it first and then me.

Comment

but at the end of the day, being immune is better than getting it.
                          It doesn't give you immunity, hopefully it makes the symptoms less serious.

Comment

After a lengthy telephone conversation with a friend yesterday evening, I am going to bow to the inevitable and plan to get my first jab - I have emailed my local GP surgery to see if they can do it there, or whether they can tell me where the nearest vaccine jab site is. I am going to Liverpool over the August Bank Holiday weekend so I feel pressured into getting on with it at last.
                            George, have you so far CHOSEN not to have the jab or have you been low down on the priority list?
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

A shortened version
                              No, Coronaviruses have been around for a long time, Covid 19 is a particularly nasty strain of CV, uncommon until recently.
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

It doesn't give you immunity, hopefully it makes the symptoms less serious.
                                At least it's something positive about it.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X