Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood suggestion for DIY project

Hi there people!
    I am on a mission to create a radiogram from the 70s! One of my friend's just bought one over craigslist and being a woodworking hobbyist I helped him restore it. After that little activity I really wanted one so bad! But unfortunately I couldn't find one available online except one pawn shop that was selling a restored version for $1500!! So I figured I'd create one myself! I have all the necessary
    woodworking tools for it so I surely wanna give this a go. But I was wondering what wood should I use? Plywood or Pine sounds like a good idea but still I am not sure. Here's a reference image for what I am trying to achieve here:
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Walnut, perhaps? To be honest, woodwork is not really my field of expertise. It does look and sound like a fun project though. I wish you luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieBrown View Post
      Walnut, perhaps? To be honest, woodwork is not really my field of expertise. It does look and sound like a fun project though. I wish you luck with it.
      Agreed...Walnut. My dad had one just like that in the 70s, i expect most of them ended up in a skip with the advent of Hi-fi
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I’d be tempted to use cherry for that retro reddish tinge

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
          I’d be tempted to use cherry for that retro reddish tinge
          Yes, cherry might work nicely..
          ​​​​​​

​​Actually, since this thread was started, all I can think of are different types of wood. Lol Rosewood has just sprung into my mind at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X