How are you coping in this heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you coping in this heat

Been a glorious week but way to hot for me,it is a struggle to keep cool,having drinking more water the temperatures are unbearable around the hottest part of the day.Its the humidity that gets to me,I have had to sleep on top of the bed the windows open wider,Think also carpets in the house don't help.Another day to get through

Overdid it snorkelling and bodyboarding at the beach on Sunday. The sunburn is still painful!

Have a selection of rechargeable USB fans in the house, including one I can clip onto my bedside cabinet.

Also bought a 1 sprayer from Wilkinson, so I can spray a fine mist of cool water over myself every 30 minutes or so.

As I'm working from home, my conservatory office is currently a no-go, as it's topping 39 degrees in there, so my laptop and stuff have been relocated onto a table in the garden under a parasol.

Comment

It's too hot to go outside will do when the sun goes round and sit in the shade.Got French doors wide open the curtains are drawn,the front door is slightly ajar to let some breeze in.The neighbours cat was lying on my kitchen floor the carpets are too hot for her.

Comment

I'm avoiding the direct sun, grabbed a couple of overpriced bags of ice from the local convenience shop, I've usually got a couple of lemons and limes in the fridge too.
        I can remember when I'd make a point of going out in the hot sun, many moons ago I have to say.

​​​​​​Does anyone else remember the days when you were complimented for being sunburnt? I can remember my Dad having shreds of skin hanging from his face and getting a bit of a thumbs up for being lucky with the weather .
        Peeling has quite rightly gone out of vogue.

Comment

The heat had set the fire alarm off where I live just before 4.00 am this morning, and as it was a false alarm, the local fire brigade seemed to be sent on a wild goose chase.

I have also the windows open yet it feels as I haven't if you know what I mean.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Me & my wife have bought a tower fan to cool our flat down as it gets like an oven even with all the windows open!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

If it's a fan heater, then make sure that it's adjusted to the "fan" position for goodness sake.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

God help us if we had a power cut.I couldn't stand another few days of this it drains you,the poor plants in pots get thirsty pretty quick

Comment

With a river at the bottom of the garden, I have to keep all the windows shut as I wake up next morning covered in mozzie bites. So all the curtains are shut to prevent the house getting too hot

Comment

Three tower fans so ok, keeping the blinds closed helps even if not practical. Thing is we just aint used to nice weather so we moan when it arrives and we moan when it doesn't
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

If you cannot afford proper air-conditioning, then a basic fan is as good as anything.
                      Whatever you do, don't waste your money on so-called air-coolers, which blow air across a tank of water. They are totally unsuitable for the British climate, as they add unwanted humidity to the air and will make your room feel even hotter.

Comment

[QUOTE=tex;n285553]Three tower fans so ok, keeping the blinds closed helps even if not practical. Thing is we just aint used to nice weather so we moan when it arrives and we moan when it doesn't [/QUO

How true! We haven't even had a plague of ladybirds or standpipes in the street yet

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          God help us if we had a power cut.I couldn't stand another few days of this it drains you,the poor plants in pots get thirsty pretty quick
                          I am almost certain that I had one very briefly on Tuesday morning as the microwave clock needed to be reset - nothing else was affected however.

Anyone drinking more cups of tea than usual? - drinking something warm in this weather does the trick sometimes.

I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• so hot here theres a chance of a water ban.
                            • a few yrs back we had 3 weeks of this heat and one reservoir dried up and u could walk on the bottom of it.
                            • think what its like in the underground.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes the mosquitoes do come out in the night to bite you.One more day before it starts to cool down

Comment

Working...
                              X