Wildlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildlife

I love to watch and feed birds coming in the garden,seen plenty of foxes about I was passing a roundabout last night and a fox was sitting on the grass looking at me and it didn't even move how cool was that,usually they run off.Been a few hedgehogs squashed on roads I prefer birds and animals to a lot of human beings with their disgusting habits.My neighbour said they put scraps if food out and they have seen the fox coming in before dark for a feast lol

During the initial lockdown when all was really quiet the foxes became quite bold, they'd be strutting their stuff along the pavements etc at midday, under normal circumstances they'd be out and about after dark.

Not entirely sure that it's a good idea to feed them though, handsome creatures but they can be verminous.

Comment

Yeah, we have seen more variety of birds this year in the gardens, i found an injured thrush which i tried in vain to nurture back to health but alas it died, last year we had a huge toad which is a first, it was the size of a dinner plate...massive!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Ah yes...good old buffo buffo. I vaguely remember finding them as a kid when I lived in the country.. happy days.

Comment

I was sleeping yesterday and was awoken by my neighbours cat meowing loudly I thought what has she done now,a nice present for you she said a shrew

Comment

Lucky enough to have a golf course opposite me, it has a large wooded are and deer live there . couple of summers ago a female decided to camp out in the long grass directly opposite our house . Would see her in the morning before she got up for her wanders.
            week or two later she was joined by her fawn.
            must admit I had tears in my eyes when I seen them

Comment

We spotted a dragonfly this afternoon, a few butterflies about although nothing like it used to be before all the intensive farming and pesticides kicked in.

Comment

Not many butterflies but a lot of bumble bees

Comment

Plenty of sparrows,a few blue ****, Robin,Doves,woodpigeons coming in garden for bird food.Home Bargains had a new bags of suet pellets,a mixture of berries etc,they are pink,yellow and green in color the birds go wild over them lol

Comment

We're quite blessed where I am, deer in the backyard quite often, and squirrels! I also like watching fat little birds hopping around and hummingbirds hovering and then darting off. A few times recently we've seen a wild rabbit. If anything gets into the house, under the roof or foundation, we might have to rethink things, but so far that hasn't happened.

I did see butterflies earlier in the year, but it's been awhile since a dragonfly graced us with it's presence (always makes me think of an old Fleetwood Mac recording).
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                      We're quite blessed where I am, deer in the backyard quite often, and squirrels! I also like watching fat little birds hopping around and hummingbirds hovering and then darting off. A few times recently we've seen a wild rabbit. If anything gets into the house, under the roof or foundation, we might have to rethink things, but so far that hasn't happened.

I did see butterflies earlier in the year, but it's been awhile since a dragonfly graced us with it's presence (always makes me think of an old Fleetwood Mac recording).
                      I love hummingbirds unfortunately we don't have them here in UK

Comment

At risk of being downbeat I've noticed a lot of brown rats knocking about recently, horrible creatures!
                        If we do opt for a little wild camping locally next year then it might be a case of stringing up hammocks and tarps!

On a more cheery note it's always a pleasure to see the bold little robins, I do like to include them on my Christmas cards.
                        ​​​​​​​My apologies for being premature!

Comment

One of the neighbours puts out scraps of food when it's dark for the fox the food has gone when they check in the morning

Comment

I've seen flattened porcupines on highways a few times, they're such cute things and it's sad to see. I've heard foxes can often find havens on small islands.
                            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

There has been hedgehogs run over on the roads

Comment

Working...
                              X