Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amethyst
    replied
    There is a friendly Robin that will get close to you.Likes you to talk to him or her lol.When we go out garden it will appear and follow you round.Yesterday it took suet pellet out of my partner's hand lol

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Saw a squirrel upside down pinching the birds nuts from feeder in my neighbours garden lol

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    There has been hedgehogs run over on the roads

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied
    I've seen flattened porcupines on highways a few times, they're such cute things and it's sad to see. I've heard foxes can often find havens on small islands.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    One of the neighbours puts out scraps of food when it's dark for the fox the food has gone when they check in the morning

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    At risk of being downbeat I've noticed a lot of brown rats knocking about recently, horrible creatures!
    If we do opt for a little wild camping locally next year then it might be a case of stringing up hammocks and tarps!

On a more cheery note it's always a pleasure to see the bold little robins, I do like to include them on my Christmas cards.
    ​​​​​​​My apologies for being premature!

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
    We're quite blessed where I am, deer in the backyard quite often, and squirrels! I also like watching fat little birds hopping around and hummingbirds hovering and then darting off. A few times recently we've seen a wild rabbit. If anything gets into the house, under the roof or foundation, we might have to rethink things, but so far that hasn't happened.

I did see butterflies earlier in the year, but it's been awhile since a dragonfly graced us with it's presence (always makes me think of an old Fleetwood Mac recording).
    I love hummingbirds unfortunately we don't have them here in UK

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied
    We're quite blessed where I am, deer in the backyard quite often, and squirrels! I also like watching fat little birds hopping around and hummingbirds hovering and then darting off. A few times recently we've seen a wild rabbit. If anything gets into the house, under the roof or foundation, we might have to rethink things, but so far that hasn't happened.

I did see butterflies earlier in the year, but it's been awhile since a dragonfly graced us with it's presence (always makes me think of an old Fleetwood Mac recording).

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Plenty of sparrows,a few blue ****, Robin,Doves,woodpigeons coming in garden for bird food.Home Bargains had a new bags of suet pellets,a mixture of berries etc,they are pink,yellow and green in color the birds go wild over them lol

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    Not many butterflies but a lot of bumble bees

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    We spotted a dragonfly this afternoon, a few butterflies about although nothing like it used to be before all the intensive farming and pesticides kicked in.

Leave a comment:

• Semi42
    replied
    Lucky enough to have a golf course opposite me, it has a large wooded are and deer live there . couple of summers ago a female decided to camp out in the long grass directly opposite our house . Would see her in the morning before she got up for her wanders.
    week or two later she was joined by her fawn.
    must admit I had tears in my eyes when I seen them

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied
    I was sleeping yesterday and was awoken by my neighbours cat meowing loudly I thought what has she done now,a nice present for you she said a shrew

Leave a comment:

• W1 Rover
    replied
    Ah yes...good old buffo buffo. I vaguely remember finding them as a kid when I lived in the country.. happy days.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    Yeah, we have seen more variety of birds this year in the gardens, i found an injured thrush which i tried in vain to nurture back to health but alas it died, last year we had a huge toad which is a first, it was the size of a dinner plate...massive!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X