X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80sChav
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I was quite successful during the original Waterloo Road run when it came to getting cast autographs - managed to get the actress who played Ruth Kirby, and I believe that Tina O'Brien (who was playing a schoolgirl and was already in her mid 20s but had got the part due to her petite size) had sent a signed photograph. Channel 4 doing Ackley Bridge was the closest to that in recent years.

I think it was Shed productions that made it originally - were they connected to Phil Redmond's empire or were they independent?
    It is just a shame it was'nt Grange Hill that returned George mate .... though I know Phil tried in late 2019 to bring it back

I am unsure about if Shed is related to him mind - I thought it was a Scotish Company hence Phil's Lime Productions (named after lime street station in Liverpool) is why they wanted it in scotland - like Phil had always dreamed of Grange Hill being a Liverpool programme!

You are right about Tina O' Brien - I think she was possibly even 27 or so in 2009 or when-ever it was she got the part of Bex on WR - regardless though just like Britney Spears and Sammy Winward (of Andy and Robert Fame on the old Emmerdales) she had the beautiful "Petite Look" and with the right make up Artist could still pass as a Year 12/13 now in my opinion - even though she is in her late 30s

Saying this there has been plenty of Guy's/Young Men who have done great defying their age - but sadly we don't age like Women do so well i think, so loose it after a bit - but take the latest Ben on EastEnders - he was a 6th Former in the last few Series 6/8 years back and still looks nothing like 28/30 or whatever his age is

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    I was quite successful during the original Waterloo Road run when it came to getting cast autographs - managed to get the actress who played Ruth Kirby, and I believe that Tina O'Brien (who was playing a schoolgirl and was already in her mid 20s but had got the part due to her petite size) had sent a signed photograph. Channel 4 doing Ackley Bridge was the closest to that in recent years.

I think it was Shed productions that made it originally - were they connected to Phil Redmond's empire or were they independent?

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I wonder whether it will pick up from where it left off six years ago? - I suppose that it will be unrecognisable if it does come back.

I have a feeling that as Holby City will end next year that it was probably go in the Tuesday 8.00 pm slot that Holby has had for years.
    According to links which are from my FB Groups George, yeah this is looking like what'll happen as the Holby Fans see it as a direct replacement .... knicking its time-slot!!

I would still love to think I could gottan a part as an Extra on there as without being vain I think I think I am youtfull looking - at least to pass as an 18/19 year old!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    I wonder whether it will pick up from where it left off six years ago? - I suppose that it will be unrecognisable if it does come back.

I have a feeling that as Holby City will end next year that it was probably go in the Tuesday 8.00 pm slot that Holby has had for years.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    started a topic Best news ever - Waterloo rd is BACK

Best news ever - Waterloo rd is BACK

How amazing is this and back as far asit can be in it's true Home - Manchester (being as near to Rochdale) as possible as it origninaly was!
Working...
X