Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Alpine and Corona Soft Drinks

I used to get a man delivering Alpine and Dayla pop in a Lorry think they were 3 for £1 was really nice stuff too, miles better than the no Sugar stuff you get in all the Supermarkets these days.They also did a mixed fruit fizzy drink that tasted very similar but nicer than Vimto.
    Does anyone remeber the Unigate fizzy pop you could buy off the Milkman you had all different glasses of Pop on the label playing musical instruments, singing etc.

Leave a comment:

• memoman
    replied

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    Yes, Mandora St Clements. Now owned by Irn Bru makers Barr
    not see for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Yes, Mandora St Clements. Now owned by Irn Bru makers Barr

Leave a comment:

• memoman
    replied

Originally posted by Terrier View Post
    We used to get Alpine, he would arrive in quite a big lorry full of bottles, there was three of us and we were allowed a bottle each, which in them days was a right treat...my favourite was pineapple, but what a selection!!

And my Grandad always had Corona lemonade or limeade and we would take the emptys back to "top road"....the neck of the bottle always facsinated me.

On the subject of pop does anyone remember a brand in the 80s called Mandora...plastic bottles with a kind of mosaic type design on the label....now this was Rola-cola....

Terrier.
    I reckon i remember the brand Mandora.I think i used to have orangeade or something like it? Alpine made one delivery never saw again?

Leave a comment:

• airfix
    replied

Brilliant memory. A friend and I took a bottle of this on our long summer holidays walk to the next village. It was quite an adventure at the tender age of 8! We searched the pavements outside the newsagent for ages until we found enough pennies to pay for the cherryade. Happy days!

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Fantastic, complete with the 10p return me lid!!!

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

close up

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

More stickers

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• branny
    replied

We used to have both delivering round our way but my Mum and Dad weren't keen so they used to buy a brand called Ben Shaws or Strike Cola from the local shops.

A shop near school used to sell Corona so i used to have a small bottle of limeade with my chips and gravy at lunchtime.

Leave a comment:

• Terrier
    replied

We used to get Alpine, he would arrive in quite a big lorry full of bottles, there was three of us and we were allowed a bottle each, which in them days was a right treat...my favourite was pineapple, but what a selection!!

And my Grandad always had Corona lemonade or limeade and we would take the emptys back to "top road"....the neck of the bottle always facsinated me.

On the subject of pop does anyone remember a brand in the 80s called Mandora...plastic bottles with a kind of mosaic type design on the label....now this was Rola-cola....

Terrier.

Leave a comment:

• andyccm
    replied

up here in north east we had a local brand, Lowcocks, originally based out of Hartlepool.

Nice fizzy pop but bloody dangerous, when I was about seven a bottle blew up in my hand and caused all sorts of nerve and tendon damage, appears it was a common occurance ( bottles were not fully cleaned out of CO2 traces causing excess pressure when full ) and thats why the companies like Alpine Corona and Lowcocks died out or at least the return for deposit bottles did.

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I remember Corona being around until the mid 1980s, with some shops still having the stickers on the window for a few years after.

I'm too young to remember door to door fizzy drink deliveries, but my brother remembers them at our first house in Heaton Mersey.

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X