This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Help Thread

Got a question on how to do something on the forum or about the forum post it here and we'll be pleased to answer it for you

You can also search the FAQs here
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: The Help Thread

would love to work out how to put on a little avatar picture
    To do it, Click Settings on top right of page
    Then half way down under My settings, choose edit avatar
    Then go to custom avatar and upload your picture (max size 80pixels or 19.5kb)

Bob's your uncle

Comment

How do I upload photos to a thread
      There are 2 ways usually used to do this.

1. Linking to an image

Click the insert image icon and copy and paste the url of the picture you want to post, the downside of doing this is that if the image is removed from the host site then your picture will no longer appear. Also if the picture is very large it will stretch the screen.

2. Add as an attachment (instructions for internet explorer other browsers may be slightly different)

You can do this either by using the url of the picture or saving the picture to your pc and uploading
      • When posting click the Go Advanced button and then click
      • Next click Add Files
      • Then click select Files and find the picture you want to upload on your pc
      • Then click Upload Files
      • When it has uploaded click Insert Attachment
      • Then click Preview Post
      • Click on your attachment, the picture will then be displayed, right click on it and click copy
      • Select where you want to put the picture and right click and paste, like so

Attached Files

Comment

I is too frightened of the 'Scary Moderator' to post a question :-) but when I've plucked up courage I'm going to ask how I get proper smileys instead of dashes, brackets etc., to make a smiley face after a comment :-) thanks.

Comment

leave out the - bit

Comment

I is too frightened of the 'Scary Moderator' to post a question :-) but when I've plucked up courage I'm going to ask how I get proper smileys instead of dashes, brackets etc., to make a smiley face after a comment :-) thanks.

You can either type them and they appear if you know what to press, e.g. a smile is : ) together, or you can click Go Advanced and select your smilie from right hand side

Comment

If you go advanced when posting they appear for you to click
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Herr, for the step by step.

Comment

Ah! thats better. Thanks for all the advice. I tried typing but it still doesn't come out as a proper smiley but clicking the 'advanced' choice works where there's a choice of smileys on the right. Cheers again everyone for telling me.

Comment

Thats funny it shows as : and ) on my puta but when I submit it it turns into a proper

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
                    Ah! thats better. Thanks for all the advice. I tried typing but it still doesn't come out as a proper smiley but clicking the 'advanced' choice works where there's a choice of smileys on the right. Cheers again everyone for telling me.

Comment

: ) is just the key board short cut

take a look here https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/m...do=showsmilies you will get to learn them as you go along

so : mad : posted altogether with no spaces is
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i have a question,please.How can i get spaces between lines? No matter how many times i hit the return button everything is bunched up when i post.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                          Yeah, i have a question,please.How can i get spaces between lines? No matter how many times i hit the return button everything is bunched up when i post.Thank you.
                          every time you do a sentence just press enter every time you do it the more space you get.

if there is to much space between sentences use delete between sentences and it brings them closer to each other mate.
                          hope this helps.
                          darren
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            every time you do a sentence just press enter every time you do it the more space you get.

if there is to much space between sentences use delete between sentences and it brings them closer to each other mate.
                            hope this helps.
                            darren
                            Oh,sorry.I made a mistake.It IS the ENTER button i have been pushing and makes no difference.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                              This has me stumped If you press enter/return at the end of you sentence it should start a new line.
                              I have checked all your user settings and they are the same as mine!
                              Maybe its your browser what do you use? What PC do you have?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X