Pink Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pink Floyd

Yes, correct - apparently, he turned up in the studio during the recording but Dave Gilmour (at least) didn't recognise him!

Comment

Dave gilmour will auction 120 guitars from his personal collection at Christies auction house later this year, all proceeds will go to good causes. The auction will include the black Fender stratocaster used on many of Pink floyds biggest albums and live performances, it is expected to raise approx 100-150,000 pounds. Gilmour should be applauded for selling his precious collection most of which is close to his heart to help several charities.
      https://www.christies.com/features/D...on-9637-3.aspx
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I always respect Gilmour's work but honestly I think Roger Waters is way more ahead of Gilmour musically and lyrically

Comment

Originally posted by Albaugh33 View Post
          I always respect Gilmour's work but honestly I think Roger Waters is way more ahead of Gilmour musically and lyrically
          Yes - he assumed the bulk of the songwriting responsibilities post-Syd

Comment

Great to see Pink Floyd reforming to support Ukraine (with the exception of Roger Waters who, with his politics as questionable as ever, has criticised what he refers to as anti-Russian propaganda).

It's a great song, courtesy of Ukrainian singer Andriy Khlyvnyuk and features some classic Gilmour guitarwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEpkcVi1d4

Comment

Originally posted by Albaugh33 View Post

Disagree.
              Waters destroyed Floyd and then, shamefully, sued the others to try to stop them keeping the band going.
              Waters' politics have always struck me as rather distasteful, with his attacks on Israel verging on the anti-Semitic.
              When he came out in support of Putin's annexation of Crimea, I just completely gave up on him.
              Waters had soured my opinion of Pink Floyd but, thankfully, Gilmour and Mason's recent initiative in support of Ukraine, has gone a long way to restoring it!
              Gilmour's astonishing guitar work is Floyd's trademark (and doesn't come with the acrimony and unpalatable political baggage that Waters' brings).
              Last edited by Cartimand; 09-04-2022, 18:20.

Comment

Watched the Momentary Lapse of Reason concert on TV last night from 1988(?)

What a terrific set - absolutely magnificent!

Ample evidence that Floyd were as good as ever without Waters.

Comment

Just listening to Obscured By Clouds

Comment

Working...
                  X