Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching musicals at the theatre

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

    I have just sent a cheque to the Sunderland Empire for a copy of the programme of Fame the Musical (the cast have been up there this week) - I suppose it will give me a preview of what I will probably see when it gets to Bournemouth.

    When (or if) I get to see them on stage with my own eyes in Bournemouth in August, I will get a copy of their programme at the Pavilion and compare the two - I assume that although the details in the centre about the performance are the same, the only main differences are the local advertising and the local theatre logos and What's On details. It would be great to compare them both!
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

      Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I have just sent a cheque to the Sunderland Empire for a copy of the programme of Fame the Musical (the cast have been up there this week) - I suppose it will give me a preview of what I will probably see when it gets to Bournemouth.

      When (or if) I get to see them on stage with my own eyes in Bournemouth in August, I will get a copy of their programme at the Pavilion and compare the two - I assume that although the details in the centre about the performance are the same, the only main differences are the local advertising and the local theatre logos and What's On details. It would be great to compare them both!
      Maybe try this site or a similar idea ?

      I check out the recent set lists of a band / singer before we go to a concert
      https://www.setlist.fm/


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

        Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Maybe try this site or a similar idea ?

        I check out the recent set lists of a band / singer before we go to a concert
        https://www.setlist.fm/


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        prefer not to know in advance personally.
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

          Originally posted by tex View Post
          prefer not to know in advance personally.
          Different personalities

          I rarely go to concerts.... Incubus and Metallica in the last 5 years or more ..

          I like to know what songs they are gonna play as bands seem to have a set play list with 3 or 4 (sometimes more) tracks that change around each gig .
          I ‘like’ all their songs but I do have favourites tracks so when I know they’re gonna play loads of favourites I can relax a little .. ..


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

            Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Maybe try this site or a similar idea ?

            I check out the recent set lists of a band / singer before we go to a concert
            https://www.setlist.fm/
            They don't really do theatres as far as I know, but I do know of some websites that list them. What I would like is to see what all the theatres around the country are showing on a certain date, and although a few websites give details of What's On listings, they don't put them all on the same page at once.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

              Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              Different personalities

              I rarely go to concerts.... Incubus and Metallica in the last 5 years or more ..

              I like to know what songs they are gonna play as bands seem to have a set play list with 3 or 4 (sometimes more) tracks that change around each gig .
              I ‘like’ all their songs but I do have favourites tracks so when I know they’re gonna play loads of favourites I can relax a little .. ..


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Most bands will play the "greatest hits"...Metallica for example are unlikely to drop songs like One, Nothing else matters, Enter sandman and Master of puppets plus there will always be the hardcore fan favourites. If a band are promoting a new album this will usually be heavily featured.
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                Originally posted by tex View Post
                Most bands will play the "greatest hits"...Metallica for example are unlikely to drop songs like One, Nothing else matters, Enter sandman and Master of puppets plus there will always be the hardcore fan favourites. If a band are promoting a new album this will usually be heavily featured.
                That’s true but many of my faves aren’t the normal ‘singles’ or ‘hits’ so it’s important ( to me ) that my some or even most of ‘my’ fave tracks are gonna be played ( or likely to be ) .

                I also can’t abide it when they decide to play a new version of one of their own classic songs


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                  Just received the Sunderland Empire version of the Fame the Musical programme - it will be very interesting to see how different (or same) the copy is compared to other theatres around the country.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                    I have just received the Stoke Regent Theatre version of the Fame the Musical programme in the post - it is fascinating seeing the differences there is when it comes to adverts and theatre details compared to the Sunderland Empire one.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                      That's the ticket booked for August - hope to get it in the post soon.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                        We talked on the Odeon Cinema thread about the nuisance of people using mobile phones whilst at the pictures - well, I can definitely understand why mobile phones are not popular in the theatre, and it's not just the fact that people don't switch them off during a performance. (I am sure that I read the same debate inside an issue of The Stage a couple of years ago as well).

                        Apparently, they're also a Health and Safety Hazard as they can overheat and burst into flames as Jason Manford observed for himself in Manchester. Talk about a hotline...

                        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-48410618
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                          The Fame the Musical tickets have arrived in the post today - I have put them save along with all the other paperwork I need for my holiday in August.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                            Well the opera house i go to is 125 yrs old give or take a few months and the last show i saw which was victoria 2 weeks ago the show was not allowed to be recorded.

                            anyway if your going to a
                            show whats the point watching it thru the phone u bought tickets to see the show on stage after all..

                            Didnt hear one phone go off as far as i remember.

                            ANY SHOW IVE BEEN TO AT G O H BELFAST I HEAR VERY FEW PHONES GO OFF WHICH IS A NICE CHANGE.
                            Last edited by darren; 10-06-2019, 20:45.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                              We saw a retro show by a band called Lipstick On Your Collar a coupla weeks ago. As you can probably guess, they concentrated on music between about 1955 and 1965. Bloody brilliant it was!!!

                              Anyway, at one point, there was the sound of a mobile going off. The singer stopped what she was talking about and asked who had left their phone on.

                              No-one volunteered so she started asking the band. Eventually, she picked on the keyboardist! He then picked up a very ornate, old fashioned phone (complete with cradle), picked up the receiver, said "Hello, baby!" then launched into Chantilly Lace!

                              Superb!
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

                                Lipstick
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X