X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

A Pick of the Pops chart from the early to mid 1980s can have a multiple number of songs on there that remind me about childhood.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    I bet you had your pic taken stood by the bronze statues!
    I've been asked a few times by tourists to take their pics.
    Well I’m a bit shy but everyone else seemed to be ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Yey .. we were there a few months ago !

I bet you had your pic taken stood by the bronze statues!
    I've been asked a few times by tourists to take their pics.

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    The wife and i did the magical mystery tour a few years back, you board a coach painted in the same livery as the one used in the film and the tour takes in Penny lane, strawberry fields, pauls house, georges house,johns aunt Mimis house, george & pauls school and the cavern club....great stuff!
    Yes I've seen the tour buses many times as i live right near a certain dock and they drive past my home. I've never been on one but i have been all over Liverpool as it's my hometown, apart from working away occasionally i am based in Liverpool.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

I recently took my nephew to the Beatles museum at the Pier Head, there's 4 bronze statues stood outside of the Fab Four.
    The wife and i did the magical mystery tour a few years back, you board a coach painted in the same livery as the one used in the film and the tour takes in Penny lane, strawberry fields, pauls house, georges house,johns aunt Mimis house, george & pauls school and the cavern club....great stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

I recently took my nephew to the Beatles museum at the Pier Head, there's 4 bronze statues stood outside of the Fab Four.
    Yey .. we were there a few months ago !

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

One of the first pieces of music i learnt to play on the piano was Penny Lane, great tune it is.
    Definitely, amongst my top 5 Beatles songs and also my top 20 songs ever

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Thats shocking but not entirely surprising, teenagers today walk round with their heads up their asses.
    Not always, my brother's girlfriend's daughter are into 1980s heavy metal & britpop.

Luckily some recent jukebox musicals are a good gateway to some artists.

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

One of the first pieces of music i learnt to play on the piano was Penny Lane, great tune it is.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    I work with teenagers and 99% of them don’t know who they are of any of their songs !!

Incredible

Thats shocking but not entirely surprising, teenagers today walk round with their heads up their asses.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

We studied Beatles music, which was appropriate as i grew up in Liverpool.
    The song Mmmm Bop by Hanson takes me right back to primary school :-)
    I work with teenagers and 99% of them don’t know who they are of any of their songs !!

Incredible

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

We studied Beatles music, which was appropriate as i grew up in Liverpool.
    The song Mmmm Bop by Hanson takes me right back to primary school :-)

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

As I have said before - I have so many Songs that I adore and they change from "day to day" as to which are my favourites and which bring memories back like here for this thread

3 more are No Matter What of Boyzone fame that Stephen Gately immortolised with his haunting lyrics in it - that as I said in the "Whistle Down The Wind" thread seems like yesterday that itt was new in 1998 or 1999 and is extremley memorable for me then being in my early early 20s

The others at the minute too, are Pulp and Disco 2000 and thinking what idiot would make a song about the Year 2000 in 1995 - but then I realiased Jarvis had inherited his amazing singing voice from his "so called Dad, Joe" ... even if they are not Father and Son - Jarvis will go down as a legend

Though I know/guess he does'nt meet everyones tastes, as I feel as he is a Yorkshireman like me - I don't feel he deserves to be slated - there are far far far worse singers out there and rightly or wrontgly he spent years tring to get to the point of Disco 2000 and his band Pulp - which deserves respect and credit I think in trying toi make a name/establish yourself as a Singer/Band, even if you are only remembered for 1 major major hit - they did it/managed that high point!

My 3rd Song is Design For Life by the Manic street preachers - I can't explain why I love that so much, but I guess I just love it as the Manics have just done some really creative wierd and wonderful stuff that is extremley catchy and belongs to that mid to late 90s Brit-Pop Era .... and again yes I know they are well liked, but again like Pulp they are a truely un-derated group that deserve to be given more reward for their talents and are a credit to Wales just like Tom Jones and Dame Shirley Bassey are as Singers I feel

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 08-08-2019, 21:34.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I am certain that we sang Morningtown Ride in assembly at school - it had a very "Handful of Songs" feel to it that would be used in Music lessons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X