X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battyrat
    replied
    Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

Many songs remind me of my mispent teenage years.Thinking of songs or tunes that remind me of my childhood however is much more diffacult.Most of it would be connected to school programs or childrens programs of the time(early-late 70's) or childrens songs from childrens choice radio with stewpot.Real non kiddies music must be things like popcorn where we used to have to move around the school hall moving to it,or parts from the album Music inspired by the Snowgoose by camel.Took me years finding where that piece of music had come from and love that album dearly today.

Leave a comment:

• cockneykid1962
    replied

Avidly watching Top of the Pops as a 9 year old in 1971 and seeing T.Rex doing 'Get It On'...found it on You Tube recently and it is still as cool as it was to my eyes over forty years ago.

Move a few years and it would be Van McCoy's 'The Hustle' and school discos...ahhhhh, memories!

Leave a comment:

• Genie
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    'My Brother' by Terry Scott.
    do u mean terry scott of terry and june.
    if so never knew he sang.
    Heheh yep, the very same guy ( and cheers to Marine Boy for the linkage)

Which reminds me of another childhood faves, Bernard Cribbins ' Right Said Fred' / 'Hole in the Ground'

Leave a comment:

• Tortie
    replied

"Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond. Dad didn't like pop music, but every time this came on the radio he said he liked it.
    "Summer Breeze" by the Isley Brothers (I think...) reminds me of how summers used to be - long, hot, relaxed and endless (seemingly )

Leave a comment:

• Marine Boy
    replied

Hi darren. Genie is referring to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjqNpOeJLdE

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

'My Brother' by Terry Scott.
    do u mean terry scott of terry and june.
    if so never knew he sang.

but yes kung fu fighting is a superb song and brings back memories for me.

Originally posted by Genie View Post
    'Kung Fu Fighting' by Carl Douglas, 'Morningtown Ride' by the Seekers, 'Little Green Apples' (not sure who sung that one) and 'Dr Kiss Kiss' by 5000 Volts which was always on wherever we went during our trip to Blackpool in '76

Plus any number of songs that used to be on Stewpot's radio show on weekend mornings, but especially 'My Brother' by Terry Scott, '

Leave a comment:

• Genie
    replied

'Kung Fu Fighting' by Carl Douglas, 'Morningtown Ride' by the Seekers, 'Little Green Apples' (not sure who sung that one) and 'Dr Kiss Kiss' by 5000 Volts which was always on wherever we went during our trip to Blackpool in '76

Plus any number of songs that used to be on Stewpot's radio show on weekend mornings, but especially 'My Brother' by Terry Scott, '

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

days of our lives what a super song mate Can see why u choose it.
    for me songs such as heaven is a place on earth,venus,love in the first degree.
    the do not just bring memories back thwey are superb songs CHAV.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood, as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.

Others that remind of my Childhood too are Chesney Hawks, The One and Only Only, Brian Adams Everything I Do (I Do It For You) to name but just some as i've so many numerous ones

Leave a comment:

• Finnthedude
    replied

"Going Undeground" by The Jam always reminds me of waking up for school in my teens on my clock radio alarm. "Love of the Common People" by Paul Young always reminds me of Christmas as a kid because my younger sister got a ghetto blaster and headphones. I listened to that song on them on Christmas morning with the bass turned up and it was the crispest sound I'd ever heard music played. It had an almost three dimensional quality about it that not even surround sound seems to match now.

Happy days.

Cheers,
    Finnthedude.

Leave a comment:

• zip55
    replied

Telstar 1962 - Me too ... from a weekend I spent in Blackpool for the illuminations ... I was all of 7
    Last edited by zip55; 24-02-2012, 00:26. Reason: not clear

Leave a comment:

• Marine Boy
    replied

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
    Mainly because I remember sitting at my nan and grandads watching this as a kid....

I love this song and recall with great warmth and pleasure, watching 'The Undersea World of Jaques Cousteau'

Leave a comment:

• telcur
    replied

Telstar from 62.

Leave a comment:

• themilkman
    replied

Mainly because I remember sitting at my nan and grandads watching this as a kid........

Leave a comment:

• Dancetothe
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZqb2VVc48

Leave a comment:

• Dancetothe
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvuDv...CE5&lf=mh_lolz

Yeah my family was a little camp!

Leave a comment: