Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Also, check the intro to Come As You Are by Nirvana and then listen to Killing Joke's Eighties...
    Yes, just checked the Killing Joke song, and it certainly does sound like "Come As You Are". Or rather, the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
      Yes, just checked the Killing Joke song, and it certainly does sound like "Come As You Are". Or rather, the other way round.
      IIRC Killing Joke sued and won!
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Bloody Paloma Faiths new single Lullaby has just basically take the full catchy chorus from a Galantis song ... so infuriated !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not lyrics words but melody wise until I heard Human by the Human Leauge - the melody of it always and still does in parts for me match Phl Collins and Another Day In Paradise for me. To me this sums up two of the greatest singers/groups of the 1980s full stop ... and if you include Phil in Genesis with the equaly talented and vocally unique Peter Garbriel

80sChav

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

is a lot like:

But SAW reckon they never heard Abrams track.

Comment

Head over heels by Abba

We are Detctive by Thompson Twins

Comment

Cast my Fate to the Wind

Jesus Christ Superstar

Comment

There was a Swedish Eurovision entry in recent years which sounded a little bit like Edison Lighthouse's Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes.
                  Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Comment

Another 2 that sound similar - at least intro-wise to me is Human by the Human Leauge and one/or 2 of Phil Collins' Songs .... in-particular the one "She Can't Walk But She's Trying"

I know a lot of people through the years slated the Human Leauge as "Electro Rubbish", not as I would as a fellow Yorkshireman, and aalways remembering their first major single "Don't You Want Me" from as long back as I can - but to/for me if that intro sounds like a Phil Collins Song (and I really think it does), that shows how great a band they were - and I am sure they'd appreciate the comparison too!

80sChav

Comment

Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

Iím sure Iíve mentioned it before but Ed Sheeran is the prince of plagiarism ...

Heís apparently got a team of lawyers constantly defending cases against him ... next time you hear one of his new songs for the first time .. just consider what song it Ďremindsí you of . ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Zincubus; 13-02-2020, 13:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X