Songs that "take you right back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs that "take you right back"

I know it might have been done before as a thread - so sorry if it has 9though I can't find it) but what/which song takes you straight back to that moment in time

For me it is East 17 Feat Gabrielle and "If You Ever" - I was only in my late Teens then and though yeah I have other faves that "Transport" me right back that might change on any given day like Boyzone's Words and Arms Of Mary from 1996 - then of course No Matter What a few years later - these are just "out and out classics" of that amazing Brit-Pop era that Mirroed the 1960s that anyone of my age was so so lucky to be a part of ..... and appreciate as a later Reen-ager not like being 11/12 year old following Little Mix today and thinking they are wonderful - cos to me all this Brit-Pop era was just something else when Brittania ruled once again, like the World Cup Finalbeing won in 66 it may n4ever happen again (though we tried in the Euros this year)!!, but for for me and in-particulary 2if you ever" that is just the soundtrack to my life as My Mum and older Fmily often re-collected the 1960s and all the great Groups/Solo artists (abliet quite a few was American and from other Country's) but if anyone lived through 1 or both of those eras .... then your well well lucky to have had that time!!

80sChav

Blimey!
    I could probably post a list as long as my arm.

Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
    In The Country- Cliff Richard

​​​​​​Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle of The Road

Comment

Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
      Blimey!
      I could probably post a list as long as my arm.

Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
      In The Country- Cliff Richard

​​​​​​Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle of The Road

Though this was way before my time, it was the same with Morningtown Ride by the amazingly talented seekers as it was with Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle of The Road as well

Both well great top songs!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

Though this was way before my time, it was the same with Morningtown Ride by the amazingly talented seekers as it was with Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle of The Road as well

Both well great top songs!

80sChav
        I had forgotten about Morningtown Ride until you mentioned it, but that takes me back to nursery school in the mid 70s.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post

I had forgotten about Morningtown Ride until you mentioned it, but that takes me back to nursery school in the mid 70s.
          My father used to sing me to sleep with this one when I was 3! It still brings back memories of our old house.

Comment

There are many songs that would take be back to the past.
            THe earliest I recall hearing would be Cracklin' Rosie by Neil Diamond.

Comment

Wishing Well Free

Comment

youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Comment

Petula Clark - Downtown

I think that one qualifies for " being taken right back"
                  Vague memories of course

Comment

If any of you are watching the absolutely brilliant Britannia - for my money the best series on TV at present, you will have noticed the superb choice of theme music.
                    Season 1 opened to Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man.
                    Then we had Season of the Witch.
                    Now it's Marc Bolan and T-Rex's Children of The Revolution, which was one of the first records I ever bought.

Comment

Amazing how Tracey Ullman, Depeche Mode, and Howard Jones often take me back to my Infant school days - so much so, that I played a few of their tracks while getting ready for a reunion there.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X