• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonyfinster
    replied
    Re: Glue

Never saw affixofix, my schools glue came in 5 varieties,

PVA, the white stuff that smells sickly sweet and dries on the brush like steel
    Gloy came in some triangle bottle with a rubbish applicator on the top
    Copydex Smelt fishy but we used to smear it on our hands and peel it off like skin to gross out the girls
    Cowgum very solventy but we found that it could be shaped when tacky into very bouncy rubber balls
    Pritt always to be found in the teachers desk top drawer

Leave a comment:

• Emettman
    replied
    Re: Glue

Not the name, but there is an elusive memory associated with the smell. I'll leave my subconscious to work on that.

I could wax nostalgic on the adhesives of my childhood, their smells and their quirky natures compared to modern glues.
    Young people today, they don't know how lucky they are...

Balsa cement drying in lumps faster than you could stick it to the bits of balsa you were trying to turn into a rubber-powered aeroplane, for example.
    Or the bottle of gum with the angled rubber spreader on top with which I stuck tea and cigarettte cards into their albums at my grandmother's house, and always too much or too little coming out.

Leave a comment:

• The Low Country
    started a topic Glue

Glue

Does anyone remember Affixofix Glue? Not that I'm into sniffing glue or anything but it smelt just like almond, really nice. It came in a small round pale blue and white tub. Inside the lid was a little spatula that you used to get the white coloured glue paste out of the tub. It was fab stuff and my mum alway bought it for us to do our paper gluing with as it didn't spill and wasn't messy.
Working...
X