• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twocky61
    replied
    Re: Roddy McDowell

Just watched Dirty Mary Crazy Larry again

Roddy McDowell was not credited but the bridge operator was

You only saw a few seconds of him; so why credit him & not Roddy?

Leave a comment:

• Callie
    replied

I surfed into this forum from somewhere else and had to register when I saw a topic about Roddy, who is one of my two favourite actors!

He was the first actor who I noticed could act, and that was back when he was in the TV series of Planet of the Apes. Despite the fact that he was wearing a mask, he somehow managed to portray a ton of emotions just by tilting his head. I think the next thing I saw him in was the TV series Tales of the Gold Monkey and he frequently stole the scene even as a secondary character. Again, he could show so much emotion with a tilt of the head and/or a nod.

As others have said above, he was also awesome in The Legend of Hell House. All in all, an amazing and much under-appreciated actor.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I got the 1960s Batman box set for Christmas & Roddy played the Bookworm in some episodes.

Leave a comment:

• spuggybridge
    replied

He definitely has a very unique and distinctive voice

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

He was superb in a film called Lord Love A Duck

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Enjoy Roddy performance in everything he did. Specially in the rather scary Legend Of Hell House alongside fellow American Pamel Franklin.
    This is the English pile where Legend was made. Blenheim Palace in Ozfordshire.

Why is this post being duplicated. Please remove.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Enjoy Roddy performance in everything he did. Specially in the rather scary Legend Of Hell House alongside fellow American Pamel Franklin.
    This is the English pile where Legend was made. Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 01-01-2018, 22:40.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Roddy was one of my fave American actors. Enjoyed his work always but specially in the The legend of Hell House with the delectable Pemela Franklin and which was made in England.

This was the English pile at which it was filmed. Blenheim Palace in Oxforshire.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Roddy was one of my fave American actors. Enjoyed his work always but specially in the The legend of Hell House with the delectable Pemela Franklin and which was made in England.

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker
    replied

I saw his performance in the pilot episode called The Cemetery. This is from the series called Night Gallery, hosted by Rod Stirling. It was fantastic acting.
    Also, saw him recently in an episode from Alfred Hitchcock's Hour. Cannot recall the name of the episode, but Roddy McDowell steals a large amout of money aided by his girlfriend and hide the cash. He appears to slap his girlfriend quite willingly in the film!

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Mount Teide in Tenerife was the filming location for Planet of the Apes

Leave a comment:

• Clare
    replied

He was the villain in a Columbo episode called "Short Fuse". Very good.

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Roddy has a lovely voice; especially as Galen

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

I too enjoyed Roddy's work in Legend Of Hell House. He made several other things around that time when he returned to his birthplace. Was also in the Killing Bottle segment of Journey To the Unknown.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by Chris68 View Post
    Gayland I choked on my drink when I saw that
    I think I went there on my holidays once...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X