Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am suprised to be honest nobody has "you-tubed" it .... though finding it would be hard and a difficult task as all I got upon searching for it was "School Proms" etc as you can not really add more to it than "School on Channel 5 Circa 1998/2000 etc"!1

Comment

Funny, I was thinking about this show recently and how hard it is to find details on it.

I have an episode or two on VHS, I'll have to see if I can digitise them and get them uploaded!

Comment

Originally posted by M3G4 View Post
        Funny, I was thinking about this show recently and how hard it is to find details on it.

I have an episode or two on VHS, I'll have to see if I can digitise them and get them uploaded!
        Hya M3G4,

That'd be great if you could - to YT yeah?

If you could - thanks in advance!!

80sChav

Comment

School!!! This show was awesome and yes it was Edgy Park in Denton, Manchester. Bram is my uncle! I remember being at my grandparents house when the film crew were in filming Bram, I remember Ste coming to the house all the time too. I wish we had these tapes still

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy_swampy View Post
            School!!! This show was awesome and yes it was Edgy Park in Denton, Manchester. Bram is my uncle! I remember being at my grandparents house when the film crew were in filming Bram, I remember Ste coming to the house all the time too. I wish we had these tapes still
            I can only just of recall Bram to be honest mate, but all the guys their plus the Girls was Alpha-Cool

Be amazing to know if any kept their old-School ties .... it looked a lovley Tie too .... more so especially worn skinny way!

80sChav

Comment

I really really beyond words hope you can mate yeah ..... as as I have said similary before ... it was cutting edge for Reality/Fly On The Wall telly and like discovering something amazing in that respect looking into people's lives, before Reality TV got wrecked by people like Simon Cowell who nicked Simon Fuller's Idea and then even worse trash like Love Island and Big Brother and even worse celebrity Big Brother what had even non-celbs on!!!

80s Chav

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1L473...ature=youtu.be

Comment

I just saw this after 7 years since i made the OP, cannot believe it's been answered and glad i wasn't alone!! Cheers all!

Comment

Originally posted by p1980 View Post
                    I just saw this after 7 years since i made the OP, cannot believe it's been answered and glad i wasn't alone!! Cheers all!
                    Exactly p1980 .... I think most of us here thought we had dreamt it (and amazingly further C5 make no reference to t0 to acknowledge it

I only wish I had still had my Videos to prove it over the concourse of the years of this thread 9but now we are nearly all in Unison about it actually happening it's great I think!!

80sChav

Comment

Wow thanks ever so much for the link Rocky .... this is amazing and much appreciated mate

80sChav

Comment

Thanks ever so much much once again Rocky for this link - it was a real treat/trip down memory lane, a great 45 mins viewing

I hope who-ever loaded it can up-load a lot more (but here are a few findings reporting back after not seeing it in 20 years), these are my observations

Of the girls Hayley is very very likeable and at the same time quiet/shy but is self secure of here-self - no others are as like able and secure in their thinking of their Futures yet i think, like Hayley par the one with long Blonde Hair - Laura, but I bet Hayley went onto have a great career and life in the 20 years onwards - a very confident girl indeed

Shawn (or was it Shayne?) on first impressions he was a bit of a lad and big trouble-causer who liked to "play to the crowds" and would not cope with-out a crowd to play to, but Miss/Mrs Arden knew to a degree how to stamp her authority on him - after she pulled him up for wearing his tie loose (she achieved her aim of telling him off in part) but then he made it loose again after swearing in "baited breath" and useing the worst swear word going (I am unsure if she heard him) but she should have sent him out for that aludedto the fact he was'nt properly paying attention in class to her about the selling of Pens, but to a degree I agree with him and that we should challenge what we are taught

When he went to MacDonalds he thoroughly changed his attitude until mid-week when he changed possibly back to the Bad Lad we assumed him to be (though I think he had a good heart and was'nt really bad) just he liked playing the Clown's Role - though I am tending to agree with him on thinking about it - that doing Catering (Work experience or not) that Catering involves yeah mucky jobs in the Kitchen/Eating area - but not outside as they asked him/told him to do - could you see Gordon Ramsey or Gianni what-do-you call him doing this ....? No way - exactly, plus that is why we pay Council Tax abliet people should not chuck rubbish mind

Bram - I am unsure if I like him, he seemed well behavived at first but reminds me of an early Kirk or Tyrone off Corrie at first (though I admit the Manchester links here play a part) with their accents sounding very similar too, but on the surface I think (but could be wrong that Bram is more of a trouble causer) than Shawn who only play's when he has a crowd to play up to

Mrs/Miss Arden is a very very nice Teacher - almost too soft for her own good and sadly wasted as a deputy Head in a Teaching Role when she can not often command respect to a 100% Level (though I'd say she gets about 75/80%) but she is way more suited to the pastrol care role of a Deputy Head as she has no idea on Uniform Issues - pulling up Shawn over his Tie then not noticing he had loosend it half a xsecond later - by that stage, he should have been thrown out of the Classroom in my opinion -a t that stage with (if heard the swearing being the final) and most incriminating crime, but it is interesting how she failed to note other Uniform "breaches" like one or two in Reebook Jumpers not School ones, though I would bet the exscuses of these Kids was "my Parents can't afford a school Jumper" (but hey Presto they can afford a Reebook one) which is wrong if Shawn gets told off (though I can not fathom the Uniform - as there was different Coloured Jumpers) Shawn had a totaly different colour Tie to the others (but as much as I agree with the old saying "Red and Green should never be seen" - the Red a Jumper compliminted the Green Ties well - more so in a way dare I say it, when it was'nt Tied thin way/side out) but regardless of if I am right on the Reebook Jumper, how arden never clocked them Kids is wrong as yeah they may-be could not afford a school one .... but they can afford a Reebook one that was still 350 quid or so 20 years back) and though it harks back to Trisha and Benny in Grange Hill in Series 1 - that Trisha rebelled to be different and be noticed but Benny had Finacial-hardship, that the difference is none really as that is what it is "a Uniform", so they should have been given 2 choices - School Jumper or no Jumper as plenty wore just Shirts as Clothing on Top and plenty wore outdoor Sportswear Coats in assembly - which at my School's never would have been tolerated (and I wonder how many had Reebook etc Jumpers on - under those) .... a lot I'd bet but i think she singled Shawn out "cos it was her Lesson and cos she could" which is also not playing fair - but yep along with the Music teacher (I think was he Irish) she did have a good caring Heart did Arden1

80sChav
                        Last edited by 80sChav; 06-12-2021, 13:11.

Comment

Be great if you could please M3G4 yeah ... thanks

Comment

Vimeo.com/showcase/6550547
                            password: egerton2001
                            All episodes on here

Comment

Originally posted by Hayleyb221130 View Post
                              Vimeo.com/showcase/6550547
                              password: egerton2001
                              All episodes on here
                              Oh wow thanks Harley mate, this is amazing my friend and much appreciated indeed beyond words

80sChav

Comment

Am i alone/who else is suprised only the Girls had their Ties thin side out!!? I am certain a few 9a fair few) of the Boys did "thin" too .... or may-be was it as they got into the "School Routine" and the Head and Teachers caved in on it being frowned upon!!??

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X