Start up music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start up music

I remember as a kid around 1968-70 waiting for play school to start on bbc2 that there was always start up music before the channel started airing it’s listed programmes . Can anyone else remember this ? And even better, anyone know the tune?

I think I know which music you are referring to, but I just don't know the name of it, sorry.

The ITV stations used to have great ones - ATV used to get in trouble with the IBA for having a vocal one from Stephanie de Sykes because the stations had to use instrumental music only to open and close the station each day. Central's theme was put to good use as soon as TV-am finished and the schools programmes started - I bet some Midlands schools caught a bit of it while waiting for the first schools programme of the morning to begin.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think it's almost impossible to find a song that you listened to a long time ago and can't even remember at least some detailed details. Because as a rule, such music from screensavers is quickly forgotten, and people don't even notice it. After all, now much different music is created daily, and it is difficult to remember each song. If a musician uses a competent music promotion, then the probability that he will remain famous and his songs will be recognizable years later increases significantly. Especially now when advertising is half the success.

Comment

There've been CDs of music that used to be played with test cards and other gaps between/before programs, lots of '50s-'60s instrumentals mainly, things like A Walk Through The Black Forest and Swingin' Safari.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
        X