Banned!….seems silly now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

With all the recent Glitter, Harris foray pushed aside, during the DLT trial I was amazed that around the same time as that trial, Ken Bruce had played the CW McCall's Convoy considering the obvious link between a cover version of that song with the former Hairy Cornflake.
    I presume the original Convoy was considered different enough to pass muster. BBC4 Top Of The Pops repeats featured The Timelord's Doctorin' The Tardis even though it borrows a lot of Rock & Roll Part 2.

The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I thought that the Sex Pistols had got the "Glitter" treatment as well, although the NOW music channels still play them - I think that it's only the BBC that have resisted playing them. Pick of the Pops would always skip their position in the charts and move onto the next song. I blame Bill Grundy myself.

For some reason, I keep confusing Adam Ant with Glitter as well, hence my surprise when radio stations still play Ant's music.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I've heard of The Beastie Boys License To Ill not being sold to under 16s by some shops, or only being available on request.
        Last edited by tiwariishu887; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tiwariishu887 View Post
          I've heard of The Beastie Boys License To Ill not being sold to under 16s by some shops, or only being available on request.
          I remember the got a lot of bad publicity due to their antics.

I'm not sure if the parental advisory stickers were around then over here, I think they were in the USA after a parents ground realised what Prince was working into his lyrics.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X