Eurovision contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision contest

What Eurovision contest do you remember most? What song do you regard as the best ever? ( that appeared in eurovision )

Waterloo, Puppet on a String or A Little Peace ( Germany '82 ) would be my favourite songs. Being Irish and too young to remember Dana's win in 1970, I remember the buzz after Johnny Logan won it in 1980.
    The most memorable for me was in '93 when it went to the last vote between Ireland and UK - we got it ! I watched it in a pub so you can imagine....
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Was that when people voted for the best song rather than politically? Abba must be the best but I remember when it was held in Ireland and Riverdance stole the show during the interval. I still watch it every year but only 'cos Terry Wogan is brilliant. Not sure about the UK entry for this year though, it's so bad it could easily win

Comment

Oh Yes, I remember very well Johnny Logan ( though i think its the 2nd win that i remember ... the first time he won i was merely 5 years old ), his 2 wins made him very famous - i dont know if any other singer has done it in Eurovision. Anyone knows ?

Comment

Dunno lothar - Johnny wrote Why Me ? sung by Linda Martin in '92 ( & won ). Linda is a Simon Cowell on TV here.

Comment

I was little when Bucks Fizz won Eurovision but me and my friend did all dance routines and pestered our parents into buyong the songs on vinyl (!) when the were released. I wanted one of the those skirts that ripped off when you span around.

The best ever song has got to be Brother Hood of Man..Save all your kisses..I love that song
            If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

I liked "SAGAPO" by greece the other year!

Also "my baby alpine blue", or something, by a weird russian

Comment

Save Your Kisses for Me won me a bottle of champers in karaoke !

Comment

Re: Eurovision contest

Has to be Bucks fizz, gone down hill from then on......very quickly.

Comment

Brotherhood of Man winning in 1976
                    with ... Save your Kisses for Me..
                    that was so cute, because they were an obvious
                    take off of Abba , who won in 1974
                    The two girl, two guy format worked again...
                    like a charm !

Comment

I See A Star - Mouth & MacNeal YouTube - Eurovision 1974 - Mouth & MacNeal - I see a star
                      I never quite forgave Abba for beating them.

Comment

Waterloo.

There was an entry from Israel a few years ago singing about peace and harmony. Also included something about cucumbers according to the translation.

Comment

The first I remember watching was when Brotherhood of Man won in 1976. Can't be bothered with it these days, the voting has gone far too political.
                          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Has to be Finnish group Lordi with Hard Rock Halleluah. I actually think the Eurovision Song Contest is dire but when Lordi blew the contest away that was brilliant. No other country votes for the uk as they are all in the fix to choose the 'winning' country - the sooner the uk is out of the EU the better I say
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

My Favorite:
                              Dschinghis Khan (1979) by Dschinghis Khan.

Comment

Working...
                              X