Trakkie Bottoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trakkie Bottoms

Which are your fave then? I totaly loved Puma King's in the Mid 90s and non matched them until Adidas Chilles' were brought out a year or 2 since! Man how i'd of worn either of these for School 'stead of proper School Trousers!

Re: Trakkie Bottoms

The Adidas ones with the usual 3 stripes down the legs but with the big poppers running down alongside them. I remember seeing them around and thinking they were the business and ended up with my own pair one Christmas. Unfortunately I remember them being a bit too big, you could have got another person in the pair I had! I think they are still around somewhere, I gave them to my dad incase he needed something to do the gardening/paint in.

Was always a big fan of the general 3 stripe ones as a kid too, wore those all the time. I'm pretty much strictly jeans now though unless I'm slobbing around the house and the old trackies are pulled out!

Comment

Sergio Tacchini in the early 1980's. I think the modern, Adidas ones with the 3 stripe look good (olive green).

Comment

I hated those popper ones, they made the wearers look like an absolute slob.

I remember Kappa being really big in the late 90's, although I've not seen anyone wear anything like that for about a decade. Whatever happened to them?

Comment

I had a Kappa T-Shirt until a few years ago.

They seemed to become popular with Chavs about 9-10 years ago so I guess they became less popular.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have no idea of the make of my trackie bottoms. I know my first were blue (70s) and my second were grey (80s). And that there was that moment when you realised you had to 'dress' correctly, [you know what I mean guys].

Comment

Thinking about it, I've never really wore tracksuits. I had a few when I was a child, but stopped wearing them once I was a teen. I have a pair of track suit bottoms now, but I only ever wear them when I am ill. When I go out I want to look presentable and I think tracksuits in general fall short of this mark.

Comment

I like the current trackie bottoms made from soft cotton by Soul Cal and the like with the unelasticated legs. I do like them having longer legs than my own but don't like getting the hems dirty on the paving-why pay for things only to get them ruined?! So I always faff about trying to keep the back of the hems up on my trainers so the whole thing rests on my trainers as I walk along. IN the house, don't really mind, its outside mud and dirt I hate getting on any of my trews or jeans.

Comment

trekkie bottoms are something i have wore since i first arrived on the earth.

seriously though i wear trekkie bottoms more than any other type of trousers.
                  what i like about them is they are elasticated round the waist so they can be adjusted to your waist size.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Not had a tracksuit since I was a kid. I can never get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

The one I had as a child was black with two gold stripes and the bottoms had stirrups.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                      Not had a tracksuit since I was a kid. I can never get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

The one I had as a child was black with two gold stripes and the bottoms had stirrups.
                      why can u not get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

i remember going for a job interview in a tracksuit.
                      i did not get the job.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        why can u not get one where the top and bottoms both fit perfectly.

i remember going for a job interview in a tracksuit.
                        i did not get the job.
                        Either legs or sleeves are too long. I must be an odd shape.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I wish I could find (and always will) until I do find them - some Puma King Trakkie Bottoms!! Why I let both pairs get thrown out amazes me, they sure were the best until Adidas Chilles' arrived on the scene.

Admitted though i'm talking 16 years since they was new on the scene but I bet I still had them (Puma King's) in 1998, and last time I saw some was on a 2nd Hand Market in about 2003, but i've never seen (highly suprisingly) any on Ebay etc sadly.

Comment

Who remembers that pointless fad of wearing shorts over your tarkkie bottoms?

Comment

My favourite late 80's/early 90's trackie bottoms were adidas. The three stripes didnt go all the way down, but stopped mid calf, and there were two stripes that went horizontally around the back of the leg at the mid calf level. Can't find an image of them anywhere though.

Comment

Working...
                              X