Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
The DoYouRemember forums have grown tremendously over the past years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community. In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Staff Members.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate DoYouRemember community standards. The DoYouRemember team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive conversations about other nostalgia websites, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another 80s website' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If a member chooses to use 'invisible mode', this is entirely at their discretion and any other member found publicly revealing the identity or activity of a member in invisible mode may be banned from the forum.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- Please refrain from excessive use of formatting (colour, font size etc) since this can make posts difficult to read.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitating in signatures is also prohibited.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is not for a competitive nostalgia-based forum or website
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate DoYouRemember community standards. The DoYouRemember team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- Offensive avatars are not allowed. We will be the sole arbitrator of what constitues offensiveness.
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the DoYouRemember logo in avatars is not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
- Only one link allowed.
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
Although the administrators and moderators of the DoYouRemember Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither DoYouRemember Ltd, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of the DoYouRemember Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.