Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    This morning, having to stand on the train to work due to blah blah delays, but worse, people with bags next to their seats so I couldn't put my feet properly! This meant I almost toppled over a few times!
    I thought at first that you were referring to the ITV weekday morning show when you started that with the words "This Morning", especially on its 30th anniversary!
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I thought at first that you were referring to the ITV weekday morning show when you started that with the words "This Morning", especially on its 30th anniversary!
      Haha - well, I don't mind that, actually, but it's what Fast-Forward was invented for!
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        Haha - well, I don't mind that, actually, but it's what Fast-Forward was invented for!
        And record as well.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

people that open crisps ....thats it really.
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            people that open crisps ....thats it really.
            I can add to that:

People who open crisps with the packet upside down - I don't know why they do that to be honest.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I can add to that:

People who open crisps with the packet upside down - I don't know why they do that to be honest.
              Same ... I've avoided doing that very thing my whole life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                Same ... I've avoided doing that very thing my whole life
                I mean, we don't open boxes of Corn Flakes from the bottom of the box, do we? That would be really daft.

When I see things like squeezy bottles of salad cream, mayonnaise and things made by Heinz and other companies, usually seen at burger stalls and cafes, with the label "upside down", I assume that one was squeezing the condiment onto a burger or sandwich so it would have the label shown the right away like a dispenser, and people (as well as in the adverts when advertised) standing the bottle up with opening cap at the bottom - I might be in a minority here, but I always stand it up with the opening cap at the top just like other bottles. The label looks upside down of course, but I think that is how it should be placed.

Also, it's like how local pensioners where I used to live who used to carry their shopping home in the carrier bags where they inside out, so you see their bags that have the shop (usually the Co-op where I used to live) logo looking faint and back to front, although I assume that they did that because the handles were can cut into their hand if they carry them in their hands when used the right way. Is that weird or do others remember people do that as well?

I am probably thinking too much into this of course.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And regarding New Year's Eve - I prefer to stay inside, keep warm and feel safe inside, having the New Year celebrations and Big Ben striking midnight - usually with some sherry to drink a toast to the end of the old year and the start of the new one.
                  Not really been out on New Year's Eve for a number of years now.

What really drives me up the wall with that night, too many once a year drinkers. These are the people you rarely see out in your local pub/club during the rest of the year. Come Christmas/New Year's Eve, they are literally running the place.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

You could say that I am a once a year drinker, having some sherry at Christmas and New Year which I wouldn't touch at any other time of the year.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                      People who have no spacial awareness. These come in many guises.

People who stop when they step off an escalator.
                      People who take one step through the doorway of a shop and stop.
                      People who amble aimlessly.
                      People who leave a silver trail and can't walk straight because they have their head buried in their phone.
                      People who stop and chat causing an obstruction. They tend to do this in the most awkward of places eg on the pavement, next to a litter bin which already restricts space. If they had a brain they'd stand in front of it or behind it. There are people who do similar in the Arndale centre. The upper floor walkways narrow in parts and they choose these places to stop and chat and they are usually pushing a buggy. Mere feet away there are large open squares where they wouldn't be a problem.
                      People who turn their trolley sideways on in supermarket aisles and are afraid to relinquish contact while they stretch and reach for the furthest item that they want.

I'm getting old and don't have the time or patience for these people slowing me down.
                      I've seen people in their cars stop in the middle of the street and have a chat with their friends or neighbours going the opposite direction.

Comment

You could say that I am a once a year drinker, having some sherry at Christmas and New Year which I wouldn't touch at any other time of the year.
                        Do you have crisps with that? if so please open them quietly!

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                          I've seen people in their cars stop in the middle of the street and have a chat with their friends or neighbours going the opposite direction.
                          That's happened to me once.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                            Do you have crisps with that? if so please open them quietly!
                            I usually have Pringles these days. Crunch, munch etc.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but people who moan about other people's children but make out their's are "little angels".
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

[QUOTE=Richard1978;230658]I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but people who moan about other people's children but make out their's are "little angels".

was on a plane last week and two rows in front was a family of four, the mother spent the whole flight shouting at the oldest child who was about 5-6 years old and who needed his gob stapling, worse was the baby who filled its nappy at least four times and stank out the whole plane, some people were close to vomiting it was so bad. Dad sat reading his newspaper for three hours and hardly spoke.

Comment

Working...
                                X