No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What were your favourite 80s clothes?

I mainly wore track suits and trainers trainers where those ones with out laces you had a sort of sticky thing you pulled across to tighten up ur trainers.

Loved cords but i only wore loose fitting clothes.
    Wore a lot of shell suits.

Wore lots of adidas and reebok stuff.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      I mainly wore track suits and trainers trainers where those ones with out laces you had a sort of sticky thing you pulled across to tighten up ur trainers.

Loved cords but i only wore loose fitting clothes.
      Wore a lot of shell suits.

Wore lots of adidas and reebok stuff.

I think the Trainers you mention was the ones with Air on the side that helped them as you say Darren. These Trainers became immensely trendy and very popular indeed I recall

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Being an 80s Kid - most people wore or desired to have a Windrunner - even if the Colours never matched (which was often the case) they still looked amazingly trendy I think, without doubt. Still I think the up-darted version are a good match for the 1980s and have re-juvenated the idea! Did any of other members like/rate Windrunners back in the 1980s/1990s?

80sChav
        The two tone Nike Windrunner was THE coolest jacket in '84-'85.
        Still have my original Blue/grey in my parents loft.
        The quality went downhill when they became popular though.
        The modern rereleases are OK, but nowhere near as nice.
        The originals had an embossed Nike zip & the logo was embroidered.
        I'm still after a mid '80s original in XL, gotta be mint though...

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
          The two tone Nike Windrunner was THE coolest jacket in '84-'85.
          Still have my original Blue/grey in my parents loft.
          True thouigh as I have said elsewhere I think it has been improved on, way more since

I agree with you though DemonEyeX, it sure was a prized piece of clothing yes!

Comment

Those baseball caps with built in radio's lol they may have been pre Sony Walkman
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I certainly did not find this a fashion statement in the 80s.

Comment

To be honest, I would have been a t-shirt and jeans person back then - I remember wearing shell suits but that was only around 1991-1992 when most other people (cf David Icke) wore them. I would never wear them today, and I was thinking "did I really wear that back then?"
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Donald's picture above makes me think of the Scousers characters on Harry Enfield's Television Show.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Slim black Madness tie with piano keys down one side. God I loved that thing. I also quite liked my pair of Deckers when they were briefly in fashion back then, as they were as comfortable as hell.

Had a fishtail parka during the 1980s Mod revival thing - they were expensive as hell, so mine was a second hand thing which didn't fit and thus the fishtail ended somewhere round my backside. But I had a fishtail parka and that's what counted.

Flat-top haircut. As it grew out, I turned it into one of those fluffy Limahl style mullets - my most grievous fashion sin. I regret it even now.

Comment

Really beat up white baseball boots, laces un fastened. Black 501 jeans, again beat to cr@p with rips holes and frays. T-shirt with an unfastened lumberjack shirt over the top of it, or a really baggy sweat shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmAndSheldon View Post
                        Slim black Madness tie with piano keys down one side. God I loved that thing. I also quite liked my pair of Deckers when they were briefly in fashion back then, as they were as comfortable as hell.

Had a fishtail parka during the 1980s Mod revival thing - they were expensive as hell, so mine was a second hand thing which didn't fit and thus the fishtail ended somewhere round my backside. But I had a fishtail parka and that's what counted.

Flat-top haircut. As it grew out, I turned it into one of those fluffy Limahl style mullets - my most grievous fashion sin. I regret it even now.
                        Wow Limahl - he is going back a bit .... but what a stylish dude he was MalcolmAndSheldon!!

Though I never went in for Hairstyles then tbh - but Ties yer - i lved the 80s creations (as I have said elsewhere on here about Only Fools and Horses and del Boy's "Northumbria Bus Company Style Tie" ... I loved creations like those with mad colour merges and mixes and the Piano ones of course (though idealy worn just with the Skinny bit showing)!! Thanks for the memories here mate!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                          I certainly did not find this a fashion statement in the 80s.
                          I loved these sort of Shewll Suits - but more 90s-ified!!

A Vintage Shop near me is crazy on the amount they are selling and seeing them on Sunday there made my day/part of the start of 2018 even too!!

Around 1991/1992 - we had a trend to wear the Jackets as Coats for School - and a few of us asked/begged to wear the Trousers for PE (as it was allowed) and they said "yeah, ok" but it always 'pended on the Teacher that day - so never happened lol!!

80sChav

Comment

For me favourites were probably...Ra Ra Skirts, Snow Washed Jeans and Jean Jackets, colourful jumpers and for the accessories Big Belts, Colourful Plastic Beads & Jewellery, Jelly Basket Bag, Leg Warmers...oh the glamour of it all

Comment

Plain white OR black tee, levi's, wrangler jacket covered in patches
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                                Plain white OR black tee, levi's, wrangler jacket covered in patches

I had forgot these Tex,great TS indeed and so often from memory guys in Adverts or in Magazines wore them to look acely trendy I found/thought!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X