Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

The opening tune to Madonna's Lucky Star and the "the time it takes the board to revolve" music towards the end of a Bowen-era Bullseye episode.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

David Bowie's The Jean Genie and Blockbuster by The Sweet.

Comment

The Alphabet Song on Sesame Street (that doesn't rhyme if you pronounce Z as "zed") and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Well, they're not chart hits of course, but they do have exactly the same tune...
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuWrg80dXeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Jx20A3mr8

Comment

I don't know why but I always used to get mixed up with The Communards' "Don't Leave Me This Way" and "if You Leave Me Know" by Chicago!

As I say I don't know why , mind though

Comment

Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

The best copy ever has to be one by Lily Allen who somehow got away with practically pinching the chorus and melody from a well known Take That hit ..
              I seem to recall her admitting that she was shocked when she realised she'd pinched the melody of 'Who'd Have Known' from the chorus off 'Shine' by Take That.
              Last edited by Zincubus; 01-12-2018, 15:29.

Comment

Connection by Elastica is a dead rip-off of I Am The Fly by Wire - the latter almost sued!
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  Connection by Elastica is a dead rip-off of I Am The Fly by Wire - the latter almost sued!
                  Just listening to the Wire song. "Connection" isn't that similar really. I think you might mean "Line Up".

Comment

Life Goes On - The Damned
                    Eighties - Killing Joke
                    Come As You Are - Nirvana

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                      Just listening to the Wire song. "Connection" isn't that similar really. I think you might mean "Line Up".
                      No I did mean that - unfortunately I got the Wire song wrong, it should have been Three Girl Rhumba...

Comment

No I did mean that - unfortunately I got the Wire song wrong, it should have been Three Girl Rhumba...
                        But "I Am the Fly" does sound like "Line Up"!

Comment

So Elastica ripped off Wire twice! I've just listened to "Three Girl Rhumba" and it does resemble "Connecton". "I Am the Fly" does sound like "Line Up". I wonder if there are any others.

Comment

Comment

Elastica intro riff with three girl melody with connection sounds similar to me...

But Elastica drop the throbbing bass and it sounds so much better....

Good artists create, great artists steal and improve...

Not to mention Elastica's vocals are so much better and musical...

And their rhythym section is hands down better...

as such the melody or production do not sound similar...

Now goto the rhythm section and intro to chorus sections for these two songs:

Veruca Salt: Volcano Girls... Elastica: connection...

Sound similar? Both these girl bands rock, on different sides of the Atlantic though imo ...

They're ripping each other off - but they're both awesome hits... I rock out to both...

Two of my top 10,000 songs - (high praise to be fair - maybe both top 5k or 1k - I like both and I hate ranking)
                              Last edited by Paddles; 05-12-2018, 17:02.

Comment

Also, check the intro to Come As You Are by Nirvana and then listen to Killing Joke's Eighties...

Comment

Working...
                                X