Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

yep I remember all of them. I liked bones the best...a picture of a skeleton on the front or am I dreaming?

Comment

Texans were never my favourite, although I DID enjoy them. When I was young, I preferred bars that were softer and Texans were hard until you got them going in your mouth.
      Cabana bars were AWESOME! I still remember the theme-tune for the adverts. Also remember the adverts for Bounty bars? How come we never see THOSE anymore? They are still on sale, but you never see them ADVERTISED anymore.
      My favourite bar-ad when I was young was for Trios. It was to the music of the song, "DAY-OH!" but they replaced it with "TRIO!" There was a cartoon girl who was causing havoc.
      Oh and Bandit bars. "My Conchita had LEFT me. I can't STAND it." "You can't STAND it with Bandit, get your chin off the floor. New bigger bar Bandit is as big as a door. Try bigger bar Bandit it's a light-hearted bite, eat new bigger bar Bandit and you'll beeee alriiiiight." "My Conchita has come BACK! I can't STAND it." !You can't STAND it with Bandit...."

Comment

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3225/2...a32c3226ae.jpg

http://images.esellerpro.com/2486/I/...t-postcard.jpg
        SPACE DUST IT CRACKLED IN YOUR MOUTH

Originally posted by Sarada View Post
        I remember the Biarritz bars...but my fave was SPACE DUST!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember Mars brought out a wafer with marshmallow inside called Sprint in the 70's. Sprint was unusual in that Mars predominately manufacture chocolate sweets
          Last edited by Twocky61; 30-01-2015, 10:26. Reason: Spelling Correction
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

here it is found it online

http://www.collectingcandy.com/wordp...pper-1970s.jpg
            Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
            I remember Mars brought out a wafer with marshmallow inside called Sprint in the 70's. Sprint was unusual in that Mars predominately manufacture chocolate sweets

Comment

great link here so many fab sweets

http://youtu.be/vQg63X4sSII

Comment

Comment

Jolly Rancher
                  Wacky Taffy
                  Autodrop
                  Cadbury's Black Forest bar - chocolate with cherry pieces and a picture of a German castle on the wrapper
                  Cadbury's Royal Mint bar- chocolate with a mint filling and a picture of a crown on the wrapper
                  A vague memory of some chocolate eggs with a toffee and mallow filling
                  3ft long lengths of liquorice
                  Thin liquorice sticks coated in fizzy crystals - similar to the stuff on fizzy cola bottles
                  UFO sweets that were similar to Smarties - I think they were Turkish
                  Some imitation smarties that tasted revolting. They were sold at the now defunct Camelot theme park.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                    Jolly Rancher
                    Wacky Taffy
                    Autodrop
                    Cadbury's Black Forest bar - chocolate with cherry pieces and a picture of a German castle on the wrapper
                    Cadbury's Royal Mint bar- chocolate with a mint filling and a picture of a crown on the wrapper
                    A vague memory of some chocolate eggs with a toffee and mallow filling
                    3ft long lengths of liquorice
                    Thin liquorice sticks coated in fizzy crystals - similar to the stuff on fizzy cola bottles
                    UFO sweets that were similar to Smarties - I think they were Turkish
                    Some imitation smarties that tasted revolting. They were sold at the now defunct Camelot theme park.
                    I remember some Pick & Mix "smarties" were really nasty tasting.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I don't remember those. But I am upset about the news that Kola Kubes are going to stop being made. They were my favourite childhood sweets of all time!

Comment

what are you serious mate i cant believe they are no longer gonna be made.
                        They are without a doubt one of the nicest out there from when we were kids.

wonder why this is happening.

Originally posted by beckydixon View Post
                        i don't remember those. But i am upset about the news that kola kubes are going to stop being made. They were my favourite childhood sweets of all time!

Comment

I don't think kola cubes taste the same anymore, maybe it's just me. But I used to love going into the local shop and the man would get a white paper bag, and we could choose what we wanted from the jars behind the counter. Kola cubes, lemon sherbets, cough candy, rhubarb and custard, pear drops, and sweet peanuts etc. I've tasted a few newer versions, but they're not the same. Or maybe I'm just getting old ;-D
                          Last edited by marhig; 12-04-2016, 22:52.

Comment

This is unfortunate new, especially with the recent boom in retro sweet shops.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by beckydixon View Post
                              I am upset about the news that Kola Kubes are going to stop being made.
                              They are still being made by several companies, it just that Taverners has stopped making them.

Comment

taveners- now there's a name - original mojos and spearmint chews ?

Comment

Working...
                                X