Kenny everett.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenny everett.

Kenny was a total one off, there'll never be another like him. Brilliant guy!
    Last edited by Agnetha352; 14-07-2011, 14:27. Reason: Uppercase letter in wrong place
    The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be BBC4 drama about home in the works?
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Agnetha352 View Post
        Kenny was a total one off, there'll never be another like him. Brilliant guy!

Aone off for sure the man was a comedy genius.

i seen something wherd cleo rocos was being asked about him.
        she is still very fond of kenny and thinking of him makes her both happy and sad.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

His autobiography "The Custard Stops At Hatfield" is a very good read.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            His autobiography "The Custard Stops At Hatfield" is a very good read.
            I used to have that book. I remember reading about his time with The Beatles, and the experience of "being a pineapple" while on LSD. Makes his TV show seem almost sensible in comparison.

I confess: I bought the single he released, and I used to practise crossing my legs like Cupid Stunt! His finest moment, though, in my opinion, was the Rod Stewart impression. Most people who watched him in the 80s will remember that, I'm sure.

Comment

Yeah, the Rod Stewart impression was very funny - his bum got bigger! I really liked him. I remember he used to be a panelist on some show Sarah Greene's hubby used to present and he was really funny on that too.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                Yeah, the Rod Stewart impression was very funny - his bum got bigger! I really liked him. I remember he used to be a panelist on some show Sarah Greene's hubby used to present and he was really funny on that too.
                I think it was That's Show Business, with Gloria Hunniford as the other team captain.

Comment

Yep, thats the one. I really liked that show.

Comment

I used to love watching kenny everett. I remember my uncle was a ringer for him, so much so that he said he got vip treatment in some places on a few occassions.

Comment

Funny he was indeed, but also extremely right wing- he created a furore when he was doing a live stage show at a time when the then Labour leader Michael Foot had a leg injury and was on crutches. He made some sick gag about 'Let's bomb the Russians and kick Michael Foot's crutch away'- even Maggie Thatcher told him off for that one.
                      Like many DJ's, he was all ego- my feelings about him are pretty mixed, funny and very clever, but also a Thatcherite and not above being vindictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                        Funny he was indeed, but also extremely right wing- he created a furore when he was doing a live stage show at a time when the then Labour leader Michael Foot had a leg injury and was on crutches. He made some sick gag about 'Let's bomb the Russians and kick Michael Foot's crutch away'- even Maggie Thatcher told him off for that one.
                        Like many DJ's, he was all ego- my feelings about him are pretty mixed, funny and very clever, but also a Thatcherite and not above being vindictive.
                        he made sick gags roxxy but look at the things comedians say today.
                        just as bad maybe worse hun.

but he was a one off and very sad the day he died.

Comment

I was amused to read about the time he offered a Ferrari as a prize on his radio show, which nearly caused a switchboard meltdown.

On the next show he wondered what all the fuss was about over a Dinky toy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Roxxy;158771] He made some sick gag about 'Let's bomb the Russians and kick Michael Foot's crutch away'- even Maggie Thatcher told him off for that one.
                            QUOTE]

I don't know why, I think it's hilarious. Well, not bombing the Russians, but the Michael Foot bit is.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Absolute genius. One of the great things about his shows was that you could often hear the crew laughing in the background. I love it when that happens, because you know everyone is having a good time.

As for Cleo Rocos, I think she was actually madly in love with him. Obviously nothing ever became of that but whenever you see her speak about him she is always heartbroken at his untimely death.

I miss you Ken, thanks for all the laughs you gave me.

Cheers,
                              Finnthedude.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnthedude View Post
                                Absolute genius. One of the great things about his shows was that you could often hear the crew laughing in the background. I love it when that happens, because you know everyone is having a good time.

As for Cleo Rocos, I think she was actually madly in love with him. Obviously nothing ever became of that but whenever you see her speak about him she is always heartbroken at his untimely death.

I miss you Ken, thanks for all the laughs you gave me.

Cheers,
                                Finnthedude.

Have seen interviews with cleo mate and anytime kenny is brought up she still gers sad and teary.
                                It just shows what he meant to her.
                                And im certain kenny felt the same about cleo.

They where just great together.

I must say the things he did then if they where done today then would not be allowed with the way the country is so P.C.
                                But yes i remember the laughing in the backround.

i have put up links in this thread so check em out mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X