Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inventions and Innovations of the '70s '80s '90s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inventions and Innovations of the '70s '80s '90s.

My spider catcher, bought for a quid about twenty years ago from poundland and still going strong, probably the best quid i ever spent
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

This is mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never seen one of those before Zincubus, did it not sell well?

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          They were amazingly popular but maybe not here in the UK

It's a rather addictive little handheld game ..

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            Still works perfectly despite being 35 years old !! ( 1983)

Comment

I have the Donkey Kong version of that, also still works. I think that was more popular than the Mario Bros one in the UK though?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                I have the Donkey Kong version of that, also still works. I think that was more popular than the Mario Bros one in the UK though?
                Quite possibly ... When did Mario really takeoff over here ??

N64 Super Mario 3D ??

The games are still selling second hand on eBay .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A new drug developed by Australian scientists at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience, and its partners at Melbourne University has dramatically improved clinical and cognitive symptoms of motor neurone disease, also called amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. It is the result of a painstaking 15 year clinical trial using the experimental drug CuATSM.

Motor Neurone Disease is a progressive, fatal neurodegenerative disease. Its key hallmark is the death of the brain cells that control muscle movements. This results in muscle weakness and eventually paralysis.
                  Patients usually die of respiratory failure within three years of diagnosis, and there are no treatments or disease-modifying therapies available. Until now. This could be a game changer. Watch this space.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                    A new drug developed by Australian scientists at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience, and its partners at Melbourne University has dramatically improved clinical and cognitive symptoms of motor neurone disease, also called amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. It is the result of a painstaking 15 year clinical trial using the experimental drug CuATSM.

Motor Neurone Disease is a progressive, fatal neurodegenerative disease. Its key hallmark is the death of the brain cells that control muscle movements. This results in muscle weakness and eventually paralysis.
                    Patients usually die of respiratory failure within three years of diagnosis, and there are no treatments or disease-modifying therapies available. Until now. This could be a game changer. Watch this space.
                    Thats exciting news Craig, is this what Stephen hawking had?

Comment

I reckon you have that spot on tex. Hawking defied all the odds after being given just two years to live after his diagnosis. He survived for an incredible further 55 years.

Comment

Another medical breakthru from my neck of the woods. A team of researchers from Monash University has developed a device that can give on the spot blood test results by analysing the unique chemical ingredient of such ailments as Diabetes, HIV plus bacterial infections like EColi. After taking out a US patent the team hopes to get the 7kg battery powered device into GP clinics, Intensive Care Units and the developing world asap.
                        Last edited by Donald the Great; 22-01-2019, 23:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                          Another medical breakthru from my neck of the woods. A team of researchers from Monash University has developed a device that can give on the spot blood test results by analysing the unique chemical ingredient of such ailments as Diabetes, HIV plus bacterial infections like EColi. After taking out a US patent the team hopes to get the 7kg battery powered device into GP clinics, Intensive Care Units and the developing world asap.
                          Good, waiting for medical results can be quite distressing for many particularly scan results.

Comment

Working...
                          X