RIP Freddie Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Freddie Jones

An actor who with over 50 years in the business, who appeared in The Man Who Haunted Himself, Randall & Hopkirk, and Emmerdale.

Re: RIP Freddie Jones

Great character actor - had played some eccentric roles. I saw him in a children's film where he was brilliant in character.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Loved his portrayal of the cruel sideshow MC in The elephant man, father of actor Toby jones another fine actor
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I know this is awfully late, but I watched the film 'Erik The Viking' again the other day, and I'd forgotten that Freddie Jones played Harald Missionary - a Christian missionary who'd never made a convert among the Vikings in years. He was hysterically funny!

Comment

There was a series in 1976 which I recall watching called The Ghosts of Motley Hall.
          Freddie Jones starred in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by hazel View Post
            I know this is awfully late, but I watched the film 'Erik The Viking' again the other day, and I'd forgotten that Freddie Jones played Harald Missionary - a Christian missionary who'd never made a convert among the Vikings in years. He was hysterically funny!
            I don't think there is a time limit - after all, he is the late Freddie Jones.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by hazel View Post
              Hi Hazel, don't be afraid to bump up an old thread, in my opinion it doesn't happen enough!
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I liked him in Ghosts Of Motley Hall too, as Sir George Uproar (that was by the same creator who was behind Catweazle). I was surprised when he turned up on the short-lived David Lynch tv series 'On The Air' about a fictitious early U.S. television station (this has the actor who played Squiggy in Laverne & Shirley as some kind of foreign director). I'll have to see who he played on Emmerdale, I probably saw him and didn't quite realize.
                My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
                X