No announcement yet.

Our Beloved Pets (past and present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Our Beloved Pets (past and present)

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Do you ever take them out and use them as lap snakes?
    All the time ... not so much the Boa above as she's quite a handful ( strengthwise ) and I put her back when SHE wants to go back

The others are fine ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do you ever take them out and use them as lap snakes?
      Also a useful draught excluder in these cold winter months
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        All the time ... not so much the Boa above as she's quite a handful ( strengthwise ) and I put her back when SHE wants to go back

The others are fine ..

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Also a useful draught excluder in these cold winter months
          Somehow I will stick to a lap DOG.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

How does the family take your love of snakes?

Comment

How does the family take your love of snakes?
              They're wonderfully 'tolerant'.

Oddly it's our female friends and female family members (plus youngsters) who are intrigued whereas the males are either disinterested or TERRIFIED of them !!

I saw a recent online survey which suggests that of all 55% of snakes owners / breeders are FEMALE !!

Comment

I think they are beautiful creatures and don't understand peoples fear of them

Comment

I think they are beautiful creatures and don't understand peoples fear of them
                  It has to be the way they're portrayed in life / in the media?

Huge dark coloured , kinda ugly snakes to be seen at Zoos ( these are usually unwanted snakes donated ) .

In the media they're always , threatening Cobras or Rattlesnakes or monsters in horrid films etc

All negatives ... whilst in reality most are gentle and friendly , big or small . The ones kept privately like mine are bred for their colours and temperament ..

Comment

I had a Labrador, i had her from 3 months old so she was my baby, 2yrs ago she collapsed in my living room, she was hardly breathing and her eyes were staring into nowhere, i tried to revive her but couldn't, she was dying in front of me. Her name was Nuggy and she was 14, that's how i chose my username, I've never got over losing her but we had just over 14yrs together and i gave her the best of everything including daily vitamins. ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                      I had a Labrador, i had her from 3 months old so she was my baby, 2yrs ago she collapsed in my living room, she was hardly breathing and her eyes were staring into nowhere, i tried to revive her but couldn't, she was dying in front of me. Her name was Nuggy and she was 14, that's how i chose my username, I've never got over losing her but we had just over 14yrs together and i gave her the best of everything including daily vitamins. ☺
                      Thats so sad and one of the reasons i wont have another dog

Comment

My brother lost one of his dogs this week after having her for over 9 years.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Same here :-( they quickly become one of the family so it's heartbreaking when they leave us.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            My brother lost one of his dogs this week after having her for over 9 years.
                            Sorry to hear this, he must've looked after her well as 9yrs is good going! ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                              Sorry to hear this, he must've looked after her well as 9yrs is good going! ☺
                              Thanks, his ex-wife had been looking after her most of the time recently, but she was on holiday so my brother was taking care.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                                Thanks, his ex-wife had been looking after her most of the time recently, but she was on holiday so my brother was taking care.
                                Ah bless, at least she was with someone she knew when she pssed The sense of hearing is the last thing that leaves humans and animals, Nuggy heard my voice when i was losing her as i saw her tail do a very slow wag, so i knew that she knew i was with her until the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X