TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Shows Only You Seem To Remember

I watched the clip milkman but I cannot remember that programme for the life of me

Comment

Who else can recall "Alarna - The Girl From Tommorow" - I think it was part set in the UK/part in Australia. It only ran possibly for 1 Series at best - but boy was it a cool sci-fi Drama! To me it is still cult TV even now - though it only had such little impact on my Telly viewing, it had a lot too for me to still recall it 24 years later!

Another I recall was "School" a Reality Show shown on a Saturday Afternoon - late 1990s stretching to the early noughties oN either C4 or C5- it was about a real School in Manchester! I be Richard on here may possibly recall it well!!

Another though lesser a chance of it being only who recalled it - was Mike and Angelo on CITV - which also was pretty good watching! If oly now I could ever find that Scapyard Programme or recall it or someone else could!

As well too there was "The Manageress" aout a woman Football Manager managing a Mens Time Cheri Lungi famous) and probably inspired Karen Brady to become one of the first ever Women at a High Level on a Football board not many years later

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Who else can recall "Alarna - The Girl From Tommorow" - I think it was part set in the UK/part in Australia. It only ran possibly for 1 Series at best - but boy was it a cool sci-fi Drama! To me it is still cult TV even now - though it only had such little impact on my Telly viewing, it had a lot too for me to still recall it 24 years later!

Another I recall was "School" a Reality Show shown on a Saturday Afternoon - late 1990s stretching to the early noughties oN either C4 or C5- it was about a real School in Manchester! I be Richard on here may possibly recall it well!!

Another though lesser a chance of it being only who recalled it - was Mike and Angelo on CITV - which also was pretty good watching! If oly now I could ever find that Scapyard Programme or recall it or someone else could!

As well too there was "The Manageress" aout a woman Football Manager managing a Mens Time Cheri Lungi famous) and probably inspired Karen Brady to become one of the first ever Women at a High Level on a Football board not many years later

80sChav
        I remember Alarna - The Girl From Tommorow had some kind of talking computer with her, & an odd tattoo that was trying to symbolise something.

While I didn't remember watching Mike and Angelo much I can remember what is was about. Angelo was an guardian angel / alien IIRC.

The Manageress was something I didn't get round to seeing, but I remember the trailers.

School is the only one I dodn't remember.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I remember Alarna - The Girl From Tommorow had some kind of talking computer with her, & an odd tattoo that was trying to symbolise something.

While I didn't remember watching Mike and Angelo much I can remember what is was about. Angelo was an guardian angel / alien IIRC.

The Manageress was something I didn't get round to seeing, but I remember the trailers.

School is the only one I dodn't remember.
          Cool Richard, thanks for posting I thought you may recall the later with it being Manchester-based anfd you being from that neck of the woods.All were good no doubts at all!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            'The Girl from Tomorrow' was a Film Australia show shown in 1990 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_from_Tomorrow), followed by a sequel 'The Girl From Tomorrow Part II: Tomorrow's End' in 1993 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gir...morrow%27s_End).
            I absolutely loved these shows and fancied the pants off Katharine Cullen, who played the titular girl from tomorrow, Alana (Still do if I'm honest, she looks great at 39!).

Comment

WOW ID FORGOTEN ABOUT THIS THE GIRL FROM TOMORROW UNTIL IT WAS MENTIONED I SEEN IT AND THE SEQUEL.

https://youtu.be/QUIPT_Y5a0c

I JUST LOVED THIS SHOW.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

That was a good program

Comment

Follyfoot 1971-1973 filmed in Yorkshire on a farm I havent seen this programme for 42 years

Comment

tons of eps on youtube mate.

yes a very good programme indeed.

ive watched it many times.

be great if they showed it on a freevciew channel like drama perhaps.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                    Follyfoot 1971-1973 filmed in Yorkshire on a farm I havent seen this programme for 42 years

Comment

Had a look at Follyfoot Forum
                      It would be good if they brought it back on freeview

Comment

It has been on tv a few times since it was made.

I first saw it in the eighties no idea which station thou.

Been a lot of shows on tv over the decades to do with horses remember black beauty.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        had a look at follyfoot forum
                        it would be good if they brought it back on freeview

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          It has been on tv a few times since it was made.

I first saw it in the eighties no idea which station thou.

Been a lot of shows on tv over the decades to do with horses remember black beauty.
                          I remember Follyfoot & Black Beauty were both shown on a Sunday morning in the late 1980s, possibly on Channel 4.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Cannonball .. An American series in the early sixties about a truck driver and his huge truck .

Comment

Bearcats............I watched it growing up in NZ in the 70's and not sure if it was shown here.

Comment

Three For The Road......again, growing up in NZ in the 70's.

Comment

Working...
                                X