Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying

This is a touchy subject, but quite a topical one as on the front page of this week's Northwich Guardian their is a photo of a pretty 16-year-old girl who's hung herself. The article states there are widespread accusations on social media that she was a victim of bullying. There are 'STOP BULLYING' signs in the shape of a blue ribbon being bandied around virtually everywhere on Facebook right now, and the family have organized events, such as a sponsored walk, to raise money for a proper burial for her. Does anyone have any experiences of bullying from their school days they'd care to talk about, or any opinions on it? What would be the best deterrent for it?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Re: Bullying

i got bullied in secondary school by a lad a couple of years older than me. i did get my revenge as i'd seen him waiting first in line to go in the classroom that i was in. i booted the door open, it smashed into his head and he had to go and have stitches. never bothered me again after that.

Comment

this is just terrible to hear that she was driven to this.
      Schoolkids cant escape the bullying when they go home because of the creation of social media.

Its impossible to completely eradicate it from schools.

My schools secondary and my last school even the pupils where assaulting the teachers and some teachers just didnt care about the bullying and said as much.

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
      this is a touchy subject, but quite a topical one as on the front page of this week's northwich guardian their is a photo of a pretty 16-year-old girl who's hung herself. The article states there are widespread accusations on social media that she was a victim of bullying. There are 'stop bullying' signs in the shape of a blue ribbon being bandied around virtually everywhere on facebook right now, and the family have organized events, such as a sponsored walk, to raise money for a proper burial for her. Does anyone have any experiences of bullying from their school days they'd care to talk about, or any opinions on it? What would be the best deterrent for it?
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I think mot kids experience bullying at some time. These days, it seems that it is getting more intense (my girlfriend's daughter's hair was set alight at one point!) with a tendency to force kids to conform...
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          I think mot kids experience bullying at some time. These days, it seems that it is getting more intense (my girlfriend's daughter's hair was set alight at one point!) with a tendency to force kids to conform...
          I cannot believe how kids are so cruel

Comment

I was bullied in school a few times. The worst incident was when I was lying down on the grass, a chubby, hyperactive student bounced and sat on my back, I came home with bruises. The headteacher did nothing about it so I was put in another school a couple of years later.

Comment

i cant believe it but sadly in a way im not surprised.it happens.

I cant imagine how tough it is being a teacher nowadays.

Is school any rougher now than it was thirty yrs ago.
              Hard to say.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              i cannot believe how kids are so cruel

Comment

This girl has become virtually the local equivalent of Princess Diana due to her suicide, it has been on the front page of the Guardian about it for the third week running. There were so many who attended her funeral they couldn't all fit in the church. They're also holding an anti-bullying awareness evening in memory of her later this month, which I've got a ticket for. It would be interesting to know what the bullies actually make of it all, do they have any regrets for the way they've treated her, or do they just see her as a pathetic, stupid, attention-seeking, over sensitive waste of space?
                "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
                  This girl has become virtually the local equivalent of Princess Diana due to her suicide, it has been on the front page of the Guardian about it for the third week running. There were so many who attended her funeral they couldn't all fit in the church. They're also holding an anti-bullying awareness evening in memory of her later this month, which I've got a ticket for. It would be interesting to know what the bullies actually make of it all, do they have any regrets for the way they've treated her, or do they just see her as a pathetic, stupid, attention-seeking, over sensitive waste of space?
                  This is a commendable thread you have created here Phillip- credit to you for highlighting bullying. Sadly anti-bullying ideas in my first secondary would never have worked - as much as we would have wanted them to -which makes me think try as they may today they can't work neither. Regardless credit to u here for the thread m8.

Comment

I don't honestly feel there is any deterrent for bullying in schools except for the expulsion of the bullies. Even then there is a good probability it will continue out of school. Both me and my sister had it bad both in and out of school. Our parents intervention only made matters worse. I had to endure it for many years both in and out of that place. My sister however in the end got home tuition and she got so bad with it that she physically could not go to school. We both suffer from long term health problems today which started some 30+ years ago at secondary. I assume the long term bullying was the start of the problem. We got no help at all ,especially from the school.
                    Last edited by battyrat; 16-08-2016, 04:52.

Comment

Not to mention if it wasn't physical or verbal bullying at my Schools ... you got bullied for fastening/not fastening your Blazer Top/Button Up, if you had Cords or plain School Trousers or if you had a Coat or not, how you did your Tie (which Had to be on the thin side out only), if your Shirt was in or not, if you had good Trainers/Footy Boots for PE, if you had School Dnners or not/how you did your work! The list was endless! v

Comment

We had a "tie hierchary" too re bullying in-particular as well as that at others School that in the way that if your Blazer button wasn't Gold/Bronze

Comment

I've always gotten the impression that the school's staff seem to have a "what do you want/expect us to about it?" kind of attitude towards bullying.

When I was in high school there was a boy in the year above me who was a bit nuts (not I'll do you nuts but idiotic nuts) and a compulsive liar. He told all the boys in his year that he was a fully trained ninja and part of his ninja training was that he block out and feel no pain. I don't know what he was thinking when he told everyone this? Perhaps he thought people would leave him alone if they thought he was a ninja but unfortunately for him no one believe him and of course many of the boys were happy to test his pain blocking (or lack of) abilities.

I was walking down the stairs one lunchtime and got to the last landing before the ground floor and at the bottom were 3 of the boys from the year above me surrounding Billy (the ninja) and taking turns slapping him in the face. I could here stuff like "take the pain Billy" then slap. I knew them all from where I grew up so I said "alright lads, what's happening?", that's where they explained everything and offered me a shot at testing Billy's pain resistance abilities. I politely refused, I'm not that snide that I'd add to his misery but I do remember thinking "rather him than me".

A couple of years later one of my mates from the year above told me that Billy was actually inbred and his grandad is his dad, a man who raped his daughter. I don't know how true or not that claim is I'd say it's believable because of how messed up in the head Billy is/was.

Comment

Wow what a story.

Pretty shocking story you really never can tell why a bully bullies or why he is the way he is.

Itv was well known my secondary school didnt seem to care about students being bullied or could not stop it.

Seen teachers getting hit by pupils so even the teachers got bullied.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                            i've always gotten the impression that the school's staff seem to have a "what do you want/expect us to about it?" kind of attitude towards bullying.

When i was in high school there was a boy in the year above me who was a bit nuts (not i'll do you nuts but idiotic nuts) and a compulsive liar. He told all the boys in his year that he was a fully trained ninja and part of his ninja training was that he block out and feel no pain. I don't know what he was thinking when he told everyone this? Perhaps he thought people would leave him alone if they thought he was a ninja but unfortunately for him no one believe him and of course many of the boys were happy to test his pain blocking (or lack of) abilities.

I was walking down the stairs one lunchtime and got to the last landing before the ground floor and at the bottom were 3 of the boys from the year above me surrounding billy (the ninja) and taking turns slapping him in the face. I could here stuff like "take the pain billy" then slap. I knew them all from where i grew up so i said "alright lads, what's happening?", that's where they explained everything and offered me a shot at testing billy's pain resistance abilities. I politely refused, i'm not that snide that i'd add to his misery but i do remember thinking "rather him than me".

A couple of years later one of my mates from the year above told me that billy was actually inbred and his grandad is his dad, a man who raped his daughter. I don't know how true or not that claim is i'd say it's believable because of how messed up in the head billy is/was.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              Wow what a story.

Pretty shocking story you really never can tell why a bully bullies or why he is the way he is.

Itv was well known my secondary school didnt seem to care about students being bullied or could not stop it.

Seen teachers getting hit by pupils so even the teachers got bullied.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor old Billy did get it pretty bad but he did seem to invite it a little. Talking with some of my friends in the year above me no one seemed to actually hate him but when he came away with stuff like "I can block out pain" they were powerless to resist.

A few years later Billy actually admitted to being a compulsive liar to save himself from a beat-down when he told a guy who was skinning up in front of him that he was a police officer. Billy used to walk around our local shopping centre in his fake police outfit (I'm not sure Billy even realised that his Metropolitan Police jumper was from London police) and he'd talk into his collar like a radio and like he was in the Bill with the "sierra one to control" patter. He was genuinely nuts, but harmless nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X