Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90's British Children's programme with old man and assistant in castle on a peninsula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's British Children's programme with old man and assistant in castle on a peninsula

Hi everyone, sorry for the bizarre thread title, I'm not really sure how to explain this programme as I can only really recall one proper image of it and that's the castle-like building where the protagonists live, I even drew a picture of my memory to make it easier to explain! (sorry it uploaded sideways!)

So there was an old man with a female assistant who had a face painted white like a clown in at least one episode, she might have been mute as well!
    I remember the intro had this castle on it's rocky peninsula thing and then it went inside and the old man "hosted" his show which I believe had educational segments outside the castle too. The whole programme might possibly have been a segment within another programme, I'm not sure.
    I really can't remember much else I'm afraid, it was on during the 90's when I was a child, I think it was BBC but it could possibly be ITV.
    I'd be so happy if someone recognised it, this image in my head has been bugging me for years!

Thanks in advance

Re: 90's British Children's programme with old man and assistant in castle on a penin

Sounds a bit like a mash up of Fort Boyard and Knightmare.

Comment

Re: 90's British Children's programme with old man and assistant in castle on a penin

I loved Fort Boyard, I used to live really near there in La Rochelle, you can still do boat tours! Though the programme I'm thinking of wasn't a challenge show or anything, it was more educational I think.

Comment

It wasn't Parallel 9 was it? The Saturday morning kids show - the 1st series feat an old man with big white eyebrows being sentenced to a remote domain to broadcast to Earth every Saturday morning
        ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Nope, afraid not. It was a very obscure programme I think, possibly part of a different programme, I'm pretty sure it was an educational programme, the sort of thing you could watch at school. The only thing I can properly remember is the castle tower thing I drew and the female assistant with the white face, who was a bit like Dot from Playdays! Sorry it's not much to go on...

Comment

Originally posted by isaac64 View Post
            Nope, afraid not. It was a very obscure programme I think, possibly part of a different programme, I'm pretty sure it was an educational programme, the sort of thing you could watch at school. The only thing I can properly remember is the castle tower thing I drew and the female assistant with the white face, who was a bit like Dot from Playdays! Sorry it's not much to go on...
            Ah right, so it's likely to have been a BBC Schools programme, something like Words and Pictures. OK, I'll have a think!
            ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Exactly, it's very likely it was from the BBC Schools programmes, I used to watch a lot of Words and Pictures and Watch, though I can't find this particular programme (or programme segment!)

Comment

Working...
              X