No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Can we stick with Brit films staffslad as I have not seen a whole lot of Yank horrors. Enjoying playing here with my new DYR friends.
    I agree Donny, this forum is fun and friendly.

Comment

Yes, we can stick to British films, Donald, no problem.

Here are a few more......

1. What aspect of the script for Dracula AD1972 had to be quickly changed at the last minute? Hint...it was something to do with Van Helsing.

2. In Legend of Hell House, who played Belasco, seen as a preserved corpse at the end of the film? He is only seen, doesn't speak nor move at all.

3. In Brides of Dracula, who played the mad servant who is seen at one point coaxing a newly vampirised girl out of her grave? That scene scared me silly when I was a youngster.

4. In which Frankenstein film is the main location an insane asylum?

5. In Robert Wise's The Haunting, which room of Hill House does Mrs Markway insist on sleeping in when she arrives at the house unexpectedly?

6. In which anthology was there a segment about someone finding out the horrifying secret of why a certain Hollywood actress has remained so young-looking?

Good luck, Donald...

Comment

He was to be killed? You cant kill Van Helsing..Draculas nemesis. Just a wild guess.

Need a think.

Need a think.

The second one? Please less of the Frankies as I have not seen them for so long..

House that Dripped Blood. Ingrid Pitt played a vampire?

Comment

Odd that admin move this thread after so long here.

2: Michael Gough.
          Last edited by Donald the Great; 12-04-2018, 04:05.

Comment

Odd that admin move this thread after so long here.

2: Michael Gough.

Yes, Michael Gough played Belasco. We also got to hear his voice on a record if I recall.

1. It was more to do with Van Helsing's relationship with Jessica.

6. Go back one film in the anthology series from Amicus.

The Frankenstein film was the last one, Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.

Comment

Van Helsing was to be married?

3: Greta was mad servant. I never take note of Hammer female actresses.

5: Abigail Craine's room.

6: from memory the girl finds out about a noted Hollywood ACTOR staffslad. That threw me. Do not recall the name of segment tho. But they were machines underneath the skin.

Comment

The last was a segment from Torture Garden if memory serves. I find it harder than most others trying to remember exactly which segment was in which anthology.

Comment

All correct apart from the one about Van Helsing. In the original script for Dracula AD1972, Van Helsing was Jessica Van Helsing's father. However, Peter Cushing had visibly aged so much after his wife's death that it was quickly changed to make Jessica his granddaughter.

The segment in Torture Garden was called Terror over Hollywood. If I recall correctly, all the segments were based on stories by Robert Bloch, author of Psycho.

Yes, Greta was the mad servant and was played by Freda Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                    All correct apart from the one about Van Helsing. In the original script for Dracula AD1972, Van Helsing was Jessica Van Helsing's father. However, Peter Cushing had visibly aged so much after his wife's death that it was quickly changed to make Jessica his granddaughter.

The segment in Torture Garden was called Terror over Hollywood. If I recall correctly, all the segments were based on stories by Robert Bloch, author of Psycho.

Yes, Greta was the mad servant and was played by Freda Jackson.
                    Never knew that about The Cush. Also about segments written by Psycho author. Tho there was a clear American theme to a couple of them. I will post a new one shortly. About to load my washing. Oh fun.

Comment

I posted some new questions yesterday. Where are they?

Comment

Here are a few for you, Donald...

1. Synopsis: Horribly disfigured musician seeks vengeance on doctors he believes let his wife die. What was the film?

2. In 1. who played the musician's female assistant, who never actually speaks in the film.

3. In Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, what was the character name of Kronos's hunchback assistant?

4. Which actress who went on to have a small but regular part in the Bond films turned up at Hill House late on in Robert Wise's version of The Haunting?

5. In Plague of the Zombies, what kind of mine did the zombies work in?

6. Synopsis: A police officer travels to a remote island to investigate a missing girl. What was the 70s film and who played the police officer?

Good luck

Comment

Abominable Dr Phibes

pass.. not a fave of mine, watched 2 only because it had The Cush in it.

He has one of those unpronouncable names. pass

I seem to recall Lois Maxwell (Miss Moneypenny) had a small role.

tin mine

The classic The Wicker Man. Edward Woodward.

Comment

You only missed two. Gorgeous Virginia North played Phibes's assistant, Vulnavia. Professor Hieronymous Grost was assistant to Captain Kronos.

As a bonus, there is an actress who links both Captain Kronos and Abominable Dr Phibes. Her role in Kronos was far more substantial, yet without her role in Phibes there would be no story. Can you name her?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                              You only missed two. Gorgeous Virginia North played Phibes's assistant, Vulnavia. Professor Hieronymous Grost was assistant to Captain Kronos.

As a bonus, there is an actress who links both Captain Kronos and Abominable Dr Phibes. Her role in Kronos was far more substantial, yet without her role in Phibes there would be no story. Can you name her?
                              will look at these on Subday. have good weekend u and Nuggs

Comment

will look at these on Subday. have good weekend u and Nuggs
                                The delectable Caroline Munro was in both?

Something to go on with staffslad.

Captain Kronos.

Who wrote and directed CK

Name of gypsy girl Kronos and Grost take under their wing.

Why was she sentenced to the stocks.

Who played Paul Durward.

How do the Kronos group detect vampires.

Comment

Working...
                                X