Krautrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krautrock

I've loved the German rock scene since my schooldays in the 70's. When my mates were into Slade, Status Quo and The Sweet, I was freaking out to Ash Ra Tempel, Tangerine Dream, Can and Guru Guru.

Just secured tickets, flights and hotel for Berlin on June 15th to see Ash Ra Tempel (well the two remaining members anyway) playing the 70's 'Private Tapes' set. My life is now complete!

Anyone else share my passion for Kosmische Musik?

Re: Krautrock

I was a big Kraftwerk fan and got to see them in 81 and also Tangerine Dream in 86..........but I really wouldn't say I was a Krautrock enthusiast.

Comment

Kraftwerk was the only German band from that era I never really liked. They always struck me as a sort of dumbed down Tangerine Dream.

Comment

Love TD, Kraftwerk, Can, Cluster, Agitation Free, Cosmic jokers, etc

Only one I can't seem to get on with is Faust

Comment

Faust were certainly an acquired taste! I've got a vinyl copy of The Faust Tapes somewhere, which I bought when still at school and I gather is going for silly money at collectors' markets these days.

Comment

Oh yes - Can, Kraftwerk, TD, Neu!...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

A rare opportunity to catch Manuel Gottsching (Ash Ra Tempel) live in the UK - Saturday 3rd October 2015 at the Hebden Bridge Picture House. He's playing his seminal E2-E4 album. Few tickets left. Got mine and a B&B booked. Can't wait!

Comment

Saw them a few years ago. Deadly dull as a live experience!

Comment

Manuel Gottsching has assembled a new band, playing classic 1970s Ash Ra Tempel music, under the name "The Ash Ra Tempel Experience".
                  Really hope they bring the show to the UK (otherwise, that's another trip on Easyjet I'll have to pay for).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlDNHoUCGc

Comment

Ash Ra Tempel (well the legendary Manuel Gottsching and his new musicians) coming to The Barbican centre on 22 March 2017. Playing E2-E4 and the utterly sublime music from Schwingungen and Seven Up.

Don't miss this rare opportunity to catch the ultimate Kosmische Krautrock live.
                    Got my tickets and hotel already booked!
                    Hope to see some of you there.

Comment

Pass...

Comment

Anybody else heard of Rammstein? German industrial metal band which started in the late 90s, they sing in the German language which suits the music perfectly. They are probably as famous for the outrageous stage shows as much as there music which makes for a very entertaining night out ...catch em if you can !!
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Yes I loved Krautrock also. As with many other '70's sounds' Krautrock still has a place in this world. Like you I liked Sweet (not Slade) and Status Quo and as my knowledge grew so did my interest in all things Prog Rock, including Krautrock. I loved the music of Amun Duul (can't be bothered to put the unlauts in), Nektar and Neu!.

Rammstein are a metal band from Germany. They aren't part of 'Krautrock', which I'm pretty Cartimand meant as a genre of progressive music.

For a proper definition go here :

http://http:www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=17

Comment

I like several artists of this genre (I prefer the term Kosmische Musik), e.g. Can, Neu, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Amon Duul II. Also, the Swiss band Yello could be seen as late-period KM although, obvs, not German, so they don't really qualify...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              I like several artists of this genre (I prefer the term Kosmische Musik), e.g. Can, Neu, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Amon Duul II. Also, the Swiss band Yello could be seen as late-period KM although, obvs, not German, so they don't really qualify...

Will have to check out Yello.
                              For some more recent German rock, which blends heavy metal with electronic, I recommend the bizarrely-named We Butter The Bread With Butter.
                              Try this one:
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sBE5HNLOMMo

Comment

Working...
                              X