PJ and Duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ and Duncan

were a teenage singing duo from Newcastle upon Tyne. Their real names were Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.Pj and Duncan were the names of the characters they had played in BBC1 children's drama Byker Grove (also based in Newcastle). When they decided to leave the show and pursue a music career, they chose to use their character names instead because they felt the public had familiarity with them as these characters. However, they did revert to releasing singles using their real names in the future.Their releases have included 'Why me?', 'Eternal love', and various cover versions, such as 'Shout', 'When I fall in love', and 'Steppin' stone'. Their most successful single of them all being 'Let's get ready to rhumble'. (For some reason spelt with a 'h' in!).I really liked their music when I was a teenager, they came to do a concert in my town but I couldn't go.

More...

Re: PJ and Duncan

never knew they tried there hand at singing.
    although i remember them real well from byker grove.
    watched it all the time.
    they have sure done well for themselves though.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Hmmm I'm going to rock the boat here and dismiss fellow Geordies. I honestly can't see what people see in them and I don't know how they have as done as well as they have. There are loads of people out there who could do a better job of presenting I guess they must have their fingers in all sorts of producing etc and perhaps that's where their talents lie but I really don't rate them as presenters or the little double act that they have going on. I wish they'd do something independently for a change.
      Last edited by Trickyvee; 18-12-2010, 17:39.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        Hmmm I'm going to rock the boat here and dismiss fellow Geordies. I honestly can't see what people see in them and I don't know how they have as done as well as they have. There are loads of people out there who could do a better job of presenting I guess they must have their fingers in all sorts of producing etc and perhaps that's where their talents lie but I really don't rate them as presenters or the little double act that they have going on. I wish they'd do something independently for a change.
        I agree Tricky! I've never liked them to be honest! And i'm another fellow (almost) Geordie!
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
        X