Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I ain't seen that in...yonks!

Originally posted by joybee View Post
    It's readily available on line - even from Soda Stream itself ! I'm also sure it's still sold at larger branches of Lloyds Chemist.

We had it in the Co -op but I haven't seen any for a while

Can u remember the adverts/commercial for soda stream??

SodaStream: 1970

An unexpected scene,
    So get busy with the fizzy,
    SodaStream.
    Big or small,
    Get busy with the fizzy,
    Short or tall,
    You get a fizzy flavour with water from the tap,
    Press the magic button,
    And shake it like that.
    Fix a little mixture
    And add a little dash,
    No trouble with the bubbles,
    Splish a little splash.
    It’s a fizzy stream,
    So get busy with the fizzy.
    SodaStream: that’s fizzy!

SodaStream (2): late 1970s?

For goodness sake,
    I got the hippy hippy shake,
    Yeah I got the shake,
    I got the hippy hippy shake,
    Ooh — the hippy hippy shake,
    Ooh — the hippy hippy shake,
    Ooh — the hippy hippy shake.
    SodaStream — get busy with the fizzy!
    [Tune: The Hippy Hippy Shake by the Beatles: 1962]
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      You still see gold and silver chocolate coins everywhere, and in a vast quantity at this time of year. But can you still get bubblegum coins? Now these I really haven't seen in the shops in "yonks"

I seem to remember they were quite brittle and powdery?? And the Gum nearly always pink or white in colour.
      can get them online in usa dont know if they would deliver to uk??
      http://www.candywarehouse.com/bubblegumcoins.html
      Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
      Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

• Pulling the chain

Was across site today in a plant I never been in before... built in 50's.

Anyways I went to use toilet and , when finished , was looking round for the lever or foot press to flush it... couldn't find one!

Glanced up and it was the original cistern with a flush chain that you pull down on, must be thirty years since I used one of those.

Anyone know if there any more left in the UK anywhere ?

Comment

I've used one in a railway station "ladies lavatory" in Hampshire. The Watercress line I think it's called, where they've got steam trains and the station has been restored to it's former glory.

Comment

• Re: Pulling the chain

Originally posted by Danny View Post

Glanced up and it was the original cistern with a flush chain that you pull down on, must be thirty years since I used one of those.

Anyone know if there any more left in the UK anywhere ?
            My toilet still has one and it's an indoor loo in a flat lol!

Comment

The War Cry being sold down the pub on a Saturday nite by an old dear from the Sally Army..no matter how p***ed you were you always popped some money in the tin
              The eyes have it!
              sigpic

Comment

My dad always used to come home drunk with a copy of The War Cry for me seem to remember there was a cartoon charcter in there called Sam Spud.
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The village I grew up in still has a red phone box, my high school had chain toilets in some of its buildings and our soda stream is still in existence (although not in use) and still adorned with a decade's worth of fruit stickers after I got banned from putting them on the fridge.
                  Having said that, there are a few things I haven't seen in yonks:
                  - the original lineup of books by Jean Ure and Jaqueline Wilson, which were always around when I was young but I think they got superseded by newer and trendier ones by both authors.
                  - Corona fizzy drinks, with deposits on the glass bottles (yes, I am just about old enough to remember these - and young enough that the returned deposit seemed like a lot of money!)
                  - Panini stickers and albums, although this might be because I wouldn't know where to look these days.
                  - The BBC test card, on the TV as opposed to youtube
                  - Public information films of the sort discussed in the TV forum here - maybe kids today are more easily traumatised than we were then?? (Apaches, btw, was *nothing* to some of the posters the older kids at my primary school came up with themselves when set a competition to design an ad campaign against messing around on farms - loads of red paint!) I always rather liked them for some reason, obviously turning into a goth already...
                  I'm your duck

Comment

Originally posted by dunstall
                    always had a bird in hot pants on the cover. Elton john was one b4 he made it.
                    lol
                    Last edited by stevef; 20-10-2008, 03:55.
                    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Some drunken prat thinking he was the funniest person alive cos he had one of those collar and leads with wire inside to keep it rigid.Pretending his invisible dog is pulling him all over the place - oh how we didn't laugh

Comment

Saw a man in Blackpool with one of those last week but one Danny *rofl*
                        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Can't believe they still doing that and thinkin they so-o-o-o funny ,MUPPETS!

Comment

I always thought it was only white poodles who done the white poo . Noticed you all call fizzy juice 'pop' ?? Am I the only kid who called it 'ginger' then?

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                              Noticed you all call fizzy juice 'pop' ?? Am I the only kid who called it 'ginger' then?
                              If it was flavoured carbonated water ( i.e. Seven Up, Cola, Cream Soda etc)- it was Pop - the only one we'd call ginger would be Ginger Beer / Ale
                              Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                              <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Originally posted by joybee View Post
                                If it was flavoured carbonated water ( i.e. Seven Up, Cola, Cream Soda etc)- it was Pop - the only one we'd call ginger would be Ginger Beer / Ale
                                I think Pop was more of a northern expression. Growing up in South London, the only time I heard these drinks called Pop was in comics, mostly from IPC and DC Thomson. Most of whose writers were northerners. We just called Cola 'cola' and 7Up '7Up'.

Comment

Working...
                                X