Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which album do you never tire of listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which album do you never tire of listening to?

I mean listen to all the way through. Mine is Garbage's first album. I like some of the classics like Dark side of the moon Revolverand what's the story morning glory but i find myself skipping certain tracks but not with the Garbage album.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Re: Which album do you never tire of listening to?

Originally posted by branny View Post
    I mean listen to all the way through. Mine is Garbage's first album. I like some of the classics like Dark side of the moon Revolverand what's the story morning glory but i find myself skipping certain tracks but not with the Garbage album.
    The Soundtrack from Hairspray always puts me in a good mood, and Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob is the one that's always in the CD player and ipod at the moment.
    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
      The Soundtrack from Hairspray always puts me in a good mood, and Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob is the one that's always in the CD player and ipod at the moment.
      Moderators Edit...Please dont use bold text and exclamation marks to criticise another member's post. It is impolite and uncalled for.

While it is a retro forum the original question was not specifically retro related, because of that we have moved it to the Member's Lounge which is not retro specific.

Comment

erm - Duran Duran - Rio
        bring's back loads of nostalgic memories
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
          Moderators Edit...Please dont use bold text and exclamation marks to criticise another member's post. It is impolite and uncalled for.

While it is a retro forum the original question was not specifically retro related, because of that we have moved it to the Member's Lounge which is not retro specific.
          Apologies, my fault. Maybe I should have phrased it "Which album from the 70s/80s/90s do you never tire of listening to" but as i'm old I wouldn't have thought that there is anything from this century worthy of repeated listening.

Comment

Lol it was a fair question you asked so no need to apologise

I'd agree with your last statement too
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
              apologies, my fault. Maybe i should have phrased it "which album from the 70s/80s/90s do you never tire of listening to" but as i'm old i wouldn't have thought that there is anything from this century worthy of repeated listening.
              lol
              DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

My favourite album in the world ever is Legend by Bob Marley. Have listened to it hundreds of times and will listen to it hundreds more!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My mate after moving into a flat didnt have a TV, we gave him some stick about that, and he came out witha great line, "Who needs TV when you've got Bob Marley?"
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                    My mate after moving into a flat didnt have a TV, we gave him some stick about that, and he came out witha great line, "Who needs TV when you've got Bob Marley?"
                    And he was right!
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Although I haven't listened to it for ages, I would probably say The Head On The Door by The Cure. There's just something about that album, the way it switches back and forth between happy and depressing that keeps me totally engaged. Like listening to the ramblings of a teenager with bipolar disorder. Close To Me and In Between Days are great singles, but Six Different Ways was like my moping in the bedroom teen anthem, and Night Like This is just glorious, even if there is a stray saxophone solo in it that suddenly turns it into a Waterboys song.
                      Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Difficult one this,I've been a musician for almost 20 years so have lots of favourite albums. I agree with Kaz,went to see the Wailers at Lanhydroc Bodmin a couple of years ago,great day! Wicked Game Chris issac I never skip any tracks.Not music particularly but War of the Worlds never fails to get played all the way through. All time great album for me is maybe Song Remains the Same LZ. None of the above get skipped.
                        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

i agree world of the worlds - i get all the housework done with such vigour listening to this

Comment

war of the worlds? No one would have believed.

Comment

"This Is Sinatra!" I inherited the original 1950s LP of this when my grandpa died and it was the start of a life-long following of big Frank.

Comment

Working...
                              X