Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football Magazines

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
    can't beat GOAL.(real newspaper type paper)...unless it was 'Football Review' ??? small like a prog. with team squads in it.....?
    True yeah Goal was good - though I was always a fan of 90 Minutes and their Cryptic writing and articles!!

Saying this any from "back in the day" are an improvement on offerings of today!

80sChav

Comment

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In the mid-80s some football mag ( Match ? ) picked a non-British XI from the then 1st Division. Different times indeed...

Comment

Yeah true Aidanagain - I recall these features and always "meant" to sign up to these Fantasy Leauge things - though I never did!

Match and Shoot was always great Mags and the week's highlight for me - but I think 90 Minutes just shaded both as my fave - until it's ultimate demise in the mid to late 90s!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Who's this Patrick Thistle bloke?
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Football League Review
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
                Football League Review
                Class in the extreme Discoman - what a find you've found here!! I recall these Mags being added into Programes (when I began avidly collecting them), then in the 90s they made a brief comeback in Programes once more!

Comment

I remember would have been about 79-81 I really can't remember but there was a football magazine that had nude girls in it. I had no idea and when I was flicking through it in Smiths got a big shock when I saw it (I was 13 in 1979). I don't know what it was called and it didn't last long well I presume not ha ha.

Comment

I remember reading Shoot as a child and another one, which I can't quite remember at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyP View Post
                      I remember reading Shoot as a child and another one, which I can't quite remember at the moment.
                      It probably will have been Match or 90 Minutes - all these 3 ruled supreme"back in the day" when most things was better than now!

I recall being spoiled for choice from the 3!

On a su-note i am sure I have the Final ever ediotion of 90 Minutes from 1997 - I wonder how much it'd fetch now on Ebay (abliet it was watered down in content from it's previous hey-day's of from 1990 onwards) I feel/felt!

80sChav

Comment

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          What a find this here you have got Daz

This sure takes me back a bit and is closer to my era and in-particular as say over the lasat 10 to 15 years I have bought similar editions to the one above from Car Boots etc mate

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                          X