crackerjack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crackerjack

Crackerjack is making a comeback after a 35 year abscence, Sam and Mark (?) will present the show which will apparently be updated to better suit todays young viewers..this probably means the show will revolve around spotty kids arseing about on a i pad for an hour whilst drinking a choco latte frothy coffee
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: crackerjack

I actually thought that it would have a great Saturday morning show in the style of Tiswas - it was originally on in the Pointless slot which occupies it now. (I have a feeling that it must have been similar to The Eddy Hair Show that Gillian Cross mentions in The Demon Headmaster books).

Just like all of these revivals, it makes me think that it will look too ironic in its style and would be a flop which would be a pity - Michael Aspel and Stu Francis seem to be the only living former presenters from when it was originally on.

Does anyone remember that Border TV sub-Crackerjack CITV show called Crush a Grape from 1988? Stu Francis hosted that as you may have guessed, and that was Crackerjack on an economy scale (well, it had to be economy scale being Border of course). It made me laugh when I looked at an old thread on catchphrases just now, and someone thought that it was Bobby Ball who had the catchphrase "ooh, I could crush a grape". That made me laugh so much.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

But can Sam and Mark crush grapes or rip tissues?

Ah well, apparently double or drop will return too, as will the cabbages.

Comment

Originally posted by MiniMort View Post
        But can Sam and Mark crush grapes or rip tissues?
        ...or jump off a doll's house?
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

If they win a crackerjack pencil the winners will likely say "wheres the usb?"
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
          X